Windows 10: Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

Discus and support Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have secure boot enabled in the bios ( mobo asus z97-p ) , but in Windows 10, when i check in system information, it says it is disabled, can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yacine belhadji, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

Hello, I have secure boot enabled in the bios ( mobo asus z97-p ) , but in Windows 10, when i check in system information, it says it is disabled, can someone help?

:)

Yacine belhadji, Jul 29, 2019
  2. JohnC Win User

UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

I would go with what is showing in the Bios. If it says that the secure boot keys are loaded then it is on. I'm running the insider build and under System info it says secure boot is unsupported, but it is on and the keys are loaded in my UEFI BIOS. I think this is what the OP is saying. The only other thing that came to mind is if bitlocker was confused with secure boot, they are totally different. To check system info WIN + R type msinfo32 , hit OK.

This is a partial listing.

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise [​IMG]

JohnC, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 29, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

1. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise - Similar Threads - Secure Boot enabled

2. Black screen after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after enabling Secure Boot in the BIOS: Hi,I've recently been trying to play a game called Valorant again but the anti-cheat requires secure boot to be enabled for the new version of it. I have gone into the BIOS and enabled this however when I save my changes and exit the PC restarts and just goes straight to a...
  3. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11: Hello!I've recevently been trying to get Secure Boot enabled on my machine, and I am at a bit of a loss. This came about as I was getting error "PCR7 binding is not supported..." error for device encryption, and after some research it seems like the likely culprit was that my...
  4. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11

Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 11: Hello!I've recevently been trying to get Secure Boot enabled on my machine, and I am at a bit of a loss. This came about as I was getting error "PCR7 binding is not supported..." error for device encryption, and after some research it seems like the likely culprit was that my...
  5. secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot "not active" in bios and windwos 11 but enabled: Hi guys, so i disabled csm mode and enabled secure boot in bios, but it still says its inactive, it tells me i have to do a "platform reset". What does that mean and how do i do that. ps: somehow i was able to get windows 11 with csm which apparently was not possible, and I...
  6. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise: Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced start-up and going into UEFI Settings but my Bios is set to the hybric of legacy and uefi and i'm not sure if its safe to switch...
  7. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise: Trying to install windows 11, enabled secure boot but the pc helper still thinks its disabled. Seen lots of people talking about going to Advanced start-up and going into UEFI Settings but my Bios is set to the hybric of legacy and uefi and i'm not sure if its safe to switch...
  8. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but pc health check thinks otherwise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Enable Secure Boot In Windows 10 MSI BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enable Secure Boot In Windows 10 MSI BIOS: I Wanted To Upgrade To Windows 11 When It Releases In The Near Future So I Ran PC Health Check And It Told I Cant Run Windows 11 On My PC Even If I Have A 19-9900k CPU And 16 gigs Of Ram Here Is A ScreenshotBut I Think It Cant Run Because Secure Boot Is Disabled In My PC But...
  10. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secure boot enabled windows 10 no