Windows 10: Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

Discus and support Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have secure boot enabled in the bios ( mobo asus z97-p ) , but in Windows 10, when i check in system information, it says it is disabled, can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yacine belhadji, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

Hello, I have secure boot enabled in the bios ( mobo asus z97-p ) , but in Windows 10, when i check in system information, it says it is disabled, can someone help?

:)

Yacine belhadji, Jul 29, 2019
  2. JohnC Win User

UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

I would go with what is showing in the Bios. If it says that the secure boot keys are loaded then it is on. I'm running the insider build and under System info it says secure boot is unsupported, but it is on and the keys are loaded in my UEFI BIOS. I think this is what the OP is saying. The only other thing that came to mind is if bitlocker was confused with secure boot, they are totally different. To check system info WIN + R type msinfo32 , hit OK.

This is a partial listing.

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise [​IMG]

JohnC, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 29, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise

1. Secure Boot enabled in Bios but Windows 10 says otherwise - Similar Threads - Secure Boot enabled

2. Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?: Hello Im trying to use Nox player emulator, but its very slow because the Virtualization off, I enabled it on Bios, and I disabled Hyper-V, but when I check in the Task Manger (in Performance) I found it is disabled ! Any help ! 135799
  3. enable secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    enable secure boot: How do I enable Secure Boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/enable-secure-boot/2cb66ff5-ca78-43df-852f-7ed0f03bd331"
  4. HAV says virtualization disabled, I have enabled it in BIOS

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HAV says virtualization disabled, I have enabled it in BIOS: Hey guys, So a few months ago I was trying to run an android vm using GenyMotion. The app I wanted to use, however, required it to be running with hardware assisted virtualization, which I enabled in the BIOS. I downloaded the microsoft HAV and tested it, and it told me that...
  5. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...
  6. Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS: Hi, got a new Lenovo Yoga 720 with Win 10, was doing all the updates. I think the Intel Management Engine firmware update had a failure. It’s not listed in device manager and I can’t manually or automatically install a driver or see it in device manager. If I set intel PTT...
  7. UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Installation With Secure boot enabled: Hello tech guys, i need emergency help, i posting this thread from my frined's computer, i have a HP laptop, and few days ago i send it to tech shop for motherboard repair, and they did it as well, but after few days i am facing problem with BIOS, i cant change bios...
  8. Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Windows 10 UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot: So, basically if we have a computer that doesn't have a UEFI BIOS with Secure Boot, then we can't upgrade to Windows 10? Am I right or wrong here? 4913
  9. Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10: Shawn.... This line from the beginning of your tut caught my eye: PC boots using only software that is trusted by the PC manufacturer If I take that literally, it may explain an oddball situation I have with this machine. Although the standards of what Secure Boot...
  10. Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC: Hello guys, my Acer laptop have different options in BIOS. I have Windows 10 installed with Ubuntu 16.04, but only Windows boots at startup, and i have no option for Ubuntu. Previous i had Windows 8.1 along Ubuntu, and i haven't this problem. Is there a way to do it, or i...