Windows 10: Secure boot greyed out

Discus and support Secure boot greyed out in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I go into the BIOS settings and look at my boot options secure boot is greyed out and disabled, how can I enable it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Naomi Flores, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Secure boot greyed out

When I go into the BIOS settings and look at my boot options secure boot is greyed out and disabled, how can I enable it?

:)

Naomi Flores, Jul 21, 2022

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 21, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 21, 2022
  4. GNJha Win User

Secure boot greyed out

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 21, 2022
Thema:

Secure boot greyed out

1. Secure boot greyed out - Similar Threads - Secure boot greyed

2. Disable secure boot when field is greyed out in bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable secure boot when field is greyed out in bios: I want to disable secure boot so I can try to boot the laptop from a usb instead.I found this, which was not helpful due to the field being greyed out in the bios and not adjustable.-----------------------------In order to disable the secure boot option please follow the...
  3. Why is Secure Boot still greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Secure Boot still greyed out: I'm trying to get VALORANT on, and I set an Administrator Password and set the security boot settings to default, but Secure Boot is still greyed out. Why and how can I get it back on to enable it?...
  4. Why is Secure Boot still greyed out

Why is Secure Boot still greyed out: I'm trying to get VALORANT on, and I set an Administrator Password and set the security boot settings to default, but Secure Boot is still greyed out. Why and how can I get it back on to enable it?...
  5. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled: Windows 10 crashed - can only access Phoenic SecurCore Tiano Bios.I need to boot from my USB drive.I understand I need to have the UEFI Secure Boot enabled - mine is greyed out - cannot be selected.I was told to set Supervisor Password - so this is in Security - did that -...
  6. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled: Windows 10 crashed - can only access Phoenic SecurCore Tiano Bios.I need to boot from my USB drive.I understand I need to have the UEFI Secure Boot enabled - mine is greyed out - cannot be selected.I was told to set Supervisor Password - so this is in Security - did that -...
  7. UEFI Secure Boot - Greyed out - Disabled

8. Privacy & Security is grey out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy & Security is grey out: From Setting, the Privacy & security icon is gray out.When click on Window Security, the Windows is "freeze" and when click on other icon there is no response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-security-is-grey-out/03a9a859-45c5-49b1-8ec8-f678b3a220fa
  9. Privacy & Security is grey out

Privacy & Security is grey out: From Setting, the Privacy & security icon is gray out.When click on Window Security, the Windows is "freeze" and when click on other icon there is no response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-security-is-grey-out/03a9a859-45c5-49b1-8ec8-f678b3a220fa
  10. Secure boot greyed out

Secure boot greyed out: When I go into the BIOS settings and look at my boot options secure boot is greyed out and disabled, how can I enable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot-greyed-out/b7223aff-34a0-46a7-ba7b-3be0c37ccfbb