Windows 10: Secure boot make BSOD

Discus and support Secure boot make BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Windows 11 without secure boot enabled, opening the console and editing the registry during the installer, everything worked without a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jakub przekwas1, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Secure boot make BSOD

I installed Windows 11 without secure boot enabled, opening the console and editing the registry during the installer, everything worked without a problem. I wanted to run Valorant recently, but it turned out that the game requires Secure Boot to be turned on. I tried to enable secure boot from the BIOS level, only then the disk on which the system is installed disappears from the list of bootable devices. The system disk is of the MBR type. I tried using this MBR2GPT application to change the disk type, and restarting the computer only then it gets a BSOD. Now I'm at this point again,"I insta

:)

Jakub przekwas1, Jun 12, 2024

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jun 12, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Secure boot make BSOD

ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Secure boot make BSOD

1. Secure boot make BSOD - Similar Threads - Secure boot BSOD

2. Secure boot make BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot make BSOD: I installed Windows 11 without secure boot enabled, opening the console and editing the registry during the installer, everything worked without a problem. I wanted to run Valorant recently, but it turned out that the game requires Secure Boot to be turned on. I tried to...
  3. Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.: Windows 11 upgrade requires I enable secure boot on my PC, it's main use is as a home Plex Server, It has an Intel 8700k and I just use the integrated graphics UHD 630, I don't need a discreet gpu for this. I believe W11 supports this.In the BIOS gigabyte z370 motherboard the...
  4. Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.: Windows 11 upgrade requires I enable secure boot on my PC, it's main use is as a home Plex Server, It has an Intel 8700k and I just use the integrated graphics UHD 630, I don't need a discreet gpu for this. I believe W11 supports this.In the BIOS gigabyte z370 motherboard the...
  5. Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Secure Boot

Secure Boot: I cannot get secure boot to enable. When it does, it goes back to Bios. NZXT Z490 Mother Board https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/1f611684-b0bb-49e3-839b-7305867e0d34
  7. secure boot

secure boot: * * Duplicate of Secure Boot Problem My Pc Configuration-Ram 8GBRyzen3 3600G1TB HARD DRIVEASUS A320M-K MOTHERBOARDI Have Downloaded Windows 11 Files From Microsoft Official WebsiteI Have Turned My TPM 2.0 ONand secure boot also in bioswhen I am checking by enteringmsnfo32it...
  8. secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    secure boot: My Pc Configuration-Ram 8GBRyzen3 3600G1TB HARD DRIVEASUS A320M-K MOTHERBOARDI Have Downloaded Windows 11 Files From Microsoft Official WebsiteI Have Turned My TPM 2.0 ONand secure boot also in bioswhen I am checking by enteringmsnfo32it shows Secure Boot-UnsupportedBut IN...
  9. SECURE BOOT

SECURE BOOT: I HAVE ENABLED SECURE BOOT IN BIOS BUT IT IS SHOWING YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BEACUSE SECURE BOOT IN NOT ENABLED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-boot/b86955aa-02e0-4139-88bb-71999c57dd8b
  10. secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    secure boot: How do I turn off secure boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/secure-boot/20f1624d-bc65-485c-a068-fb89bf4ef320"