Windows 10: secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

Discus and support secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a "x570 aorus pro wifi" motherboard and im trying to update to windows 11 but i need to enable secure boot. i looked through youtube videos and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xavier starcevich, Jun 10, 2023.

1. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

I have a "x570 aorus pro wifi" motherboard and im trying to update to windows 11 but i need to enable secure boot. i looked through youtube videos and figured out how to enable it so i did but it took me straight back to the bios and ive looked through old reddit post and apparantly i have to reinstall windows but i dont wanna lose files

:)

xavier starcevich, Jun 10, 2023

2. My pc will only turn onto the bios settings

If your PC is only turning on to the BIOS settings and you are unable to boot into Windows, it may be due to a hardware issue or a problem with the operating system. Here are some steps you can take to try and fix the issue:

1. Check the boot order in BIOS:
    • Enter the BIOS settings by pressing the appropriate key (usually F2 or Del) during startup.
    • Look for the "Boot" or "Boot Order" section and ensure that the hard drive or SSD that contains the operating system is set as the first boot device.
    • Save any changes and exit the BIOS.
    1. Check for loose connections:
    • Turn off your PC and unplug it from the power source.
    • Open up the PC case and check all connections between components (such as the hard drive or SSD and the motherboard) to ensure they are properly seated.
    • Close the PC case, plug it back in, and turn it on to see if the issue is resolved.
    1. Perform a startup repair:
    • Use the Windows installation media (such as a USB drive or DVD) to boot into the advanced options screen.
    • Select "Startup Repair" and follow the prompts to attempt to repair any issues with the Windows operating system.
    1. Reinstall Windows:
    • Use the Windows installation media to perform a fresh install of the operating system.
    • Note that this will erase all data on the hard drive or SSD, so make sure to backup any important files beforehand.
    If none of these steps solve the issue and you continue to see the "no bootable device detected" message, it may be due to a hardware failure such as a faulty hard drive or SSD. In that case, you may need to replace the failing component or seek professional assistance.

65469cec-2b17-4516-ba75-4ed12f8e3083, Jun 10, 2023
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jun 10, 2023
  4. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

1. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on - Similar Threads - secure boot makes

2. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  3. Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access BIOS to turn on secure boot: I’m trying to download valorant and need to turn on secure boot but whenever I turn on my pc it doesn’t give me the option and if I try to go into settings and hit the advanced reset button it turns off my monitor and I have to manually turn off my pc. Any suggestions?...
  4. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on: I have a "x570 aorus pro wifi" motherboard and im trying to update to windows 11 but i need to enable secure boot. i looked through youtube videos and figured out how to enable it so i did but it took me straight back to the bios and ive looked through old reddit post and...
  5. secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    secure boot makes my pc go to bios when turning on: I have a "x570 aorus pro wifi" motherboard and im trying to update to windows 11 but i need to enable secure boot. i looked through youtube videos and figured out how to enable it so i did but it took me straight back to the bios and ive looked through old reddit post and...
  6. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...
  7. No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option Go to bios after activating Secure Boot: Previously there is one thing I want to make sure of, is enabling Secure Boot a good thing? Should I?- I managed to enable Secure Boot via MSI Bios by enabling the windows 8/10 feature but after that when I turn on my pc there is no more option to enter Bios there's no f12 or...
  8. When I turn on secure boot, I boot to BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn on secure boot, I boot to BIOS: If I turn on secure boot in BIOS, my computer doesn't reset and just stays in BIOS. It also doesn't recognise my Samsung 870 Evo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-on-secure-boot-i-boot-to-bios/35de57fd-c059-4306-8e1d-7b440391774f
  9. Problem with "Secure Boot" in my HP PC's BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with "Secure Boot" in my HP PC's BIOS: Hi Everyone As we all know that Win 11 needs an enabled Secure Boot to upgrade on PCs as per Microsoft's new recruitments. So, I checked my PC's BIOS and got that there was no "Secure Boot Configuration" option available.Then I check my PC's system summary and got Secure Boot...
  10. when i boot my pc it asks me to go to bios and change the boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    when i boot my pc it asks me to go to bios and change the boot device: problem is it gives no power to my keybord or mouse when this happens what can i do to fix this issue windows number ver 1909 os build 18363 1139 [img] 167490