Windows 10: Secure Boot Not Changing

Discus and support Secure Boot Not Changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was about to install linux mint to my surface pro 4 so I could dual boot it with windows. It told me that I needed to disable bitlocker so I did.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DevonteBateman, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Secure Boot Not Changing

I was about to install linux mint to my surface pro 4 so I could dual boot it with windows. It told me that I needed to disable bitlocker so I did. With bitlocker uninstalled I have no way of booting from my USB because my secure boot wont change. Whenever I click microsoft & 3rd party CA and press ok, it just reverts back to Microsoft only. Also I have no re enable bitlocker option in control panel but I dont care about that if I manage to install linux.

Any support would be helpful thx

:)

DevonteBateman, Sep 5, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 5, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 5, 2020
  4. gygabite Win User

Secure Boot Not Changing

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Secure Boot Not Changing

1. Secure Boot Not Changing - Similar Threads - Secure Boot Changing

2. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.: Hi Everyone,If a someone never set a bitlocker key and now is being prompt for same, how can they find out who set it by getting informed of the email used to do so?This has happed to my coworkers and and I the IT Support Officer tried different ways to recover their keys....
  3. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...: after a windows update, my BIOS got changed. Now I get an error message forcing me to log in using my BitLocker info, which I don't have. Anyone has an idea?...
  4. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...: after a windows update, my BIOS got changed. Now I get an error message forcing me to log in using my BitLocker info, which I don't have. Anyone has an idea?...
  5. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Change bitlocker secure boot policy

Change bitlocker secure boot policy: Hi,I currently have Windows 11 Pro with BitLocker enabled and requiring a key/passcode on boot.Now I frequently want to boot my laptop from PXE over the network and to do this I need to keep turning off secure boot. If I turn off secure boot I can't then re-boot back into...
  7. Change bitlocker secure boot policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change bitlocker secure boot policy: Hi,I currently have Windows 11 Pro with BitLocker enabled and requiring a key/passcode on boot.Now I frequently want to boot my laptop from PXE over the network and to do this I need to keep turning off secure boot. If I turn off secure boot I can't then re-boot back into...
  8. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard change to support Secure Boot: I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win activated.MS info shows Bios Mode as Legacy.Is a win10 repair or clean win install required to enable EUFI bios mode?And if so I may...
  9. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

Motherboard change to support Secure Boot: I recently upgraded my Motherboard for one that supported secure boot, I have made appropriate changes in EUFI Bios, the system booted and win activated.MS info shows Bios Mode as Legacy.Is a win10 repair or clean win install required to enable EUFI bios mode?And if so I may...
  10. Motherboard change to support Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade