Windows 10: Secure boot not detected

Discus and support Secure boot not detected in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Asus board has had the settings for Secure boot on since installing windows 10 but the Windows 11 check keeps saying it isn't detected. CSM in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert420.2, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Secure boot not detected

My Asus board has had the settings for Secure boot on since installing windows 10 but the Windows 11 check keeps saying it isn't detected. CSM in my bios has UEFI and legacy for its support if I leave it on UEFI and legacy I can boot to windows just fine. All the drivers are set to try UEFI first before looking for legacy ones. Windows wont boot if its strictly on UEFI only. Why isn't it detecting that UEFI for secure boot is enabled when the setting shows it?

:)

Robert420.2, Oct 22, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 22, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 22, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Secure boot not detected

secure boot vioaltion - invalid signature detected

Hi,

For possible resolution regarding the error "'secure boot violation", see the steps below:

• Start the computer/PC, and enter the BIOS by pressing
      F2
      or DEL key.
    • Go to Advanced Mode by pressing F7. Find the
      BOOT tab at the top.
    • Scroll down until you see the Secure Boot.
    • Enter the setting and Key Management, and select Clear Secure Boot keys.
    • Confirm that you will delete the keys. Escape out of the main window, and go to the
      EXIT tab.
    • Look for the option to Save Configuration and Reset.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Secure boot not detected

1. Secure boot not detected - Similar Threads - Secure boot detected

2. Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.: HiSo i want play valorant and i need secure boot enabled so i go enable secure boot and i get this error invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.Does anybody know how to fix it?If i disable secure boot it works but i need to have enabled secure boot....
  3. Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.: HiSo i want play valorant and i need secure boot enabled so i go enable secure boot and i get this error invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.Does anybody know how to fix it?If i disable secure boot it works but i need to have enabled secure boot....
  4. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check: In my PC BIOS secure boot is enabled along with TPM 2.0. PC health check will not detect that secure boot is enabled.I will not upgrade to Windows 11, for a couple of reasons. 1. You are limiting hardware and obsoleting systems unnecessarily. 2. You are limiting use of the...
  5. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check: In my PC BIOS secure boot is enabled along with TPM 2.0. PC health check will not detect that secure boot is enabled.I will not upgrade to Windows 11, for a couple of reasons. 1. You are limiting hardware and obsoleting systems unnecessarily. 2. You are limiting use of the...
  6. Secure boot not detected by PC Health Check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Secure boot not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot not detected: My Asus board has had the settings for Secure boot on since installing windows 10 but the Windows 11 check keeps saying it isn't detected. CSM in my bios has UEFI and legacy for its support if I leave it on UEFI and legacy I can boot to windows just fine. All the drivers are...
  8. Secure boot not detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secure boot not detected: My Asus board has had the settings for Secure boot on since installing windows 10 but the Windows 11 check keeps saying it isn't detected. CSM in my bios has UEFI and legacy for its support if I leave it on UEFI and legacy I can boot to windows just fine. All the drivers are...
  9. secure boot vioaltion - invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    secure boot vioaltion - invalid signature detected: I have a desktop computer and run Windows 10. The hard drive is a Predator Acer Orion 3000. I've had it since October 2018. I used it ok Yesterday with no issues, but today I have turned it on and it has given me the message "Secure Boot Violation" Invalid signature detected....
  10. secure boot violation - invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    secure boot violation - invalid signature detected: After the latest update on my Windows tablet I get this message "secure boot violation - invalid signature detected" but no way to get to the bios setup. Is there a way to the get to the tablet bios? Is there a fix?...