Windows 10: Secure boot option grayed out in BIOS in HP laptop?

Discus and support Secure boot option grayed out in BIOS in HP laptop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop model is HP Laptop 15q-bu09TU. I am using Win 10 64 bit. In my BIOS the secure boot option is grayed out, hence I can't change it. I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhik RanjanThakur, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Secure boot option grayed out in BIOS in HP laptop?

My laptop model is HP Laptop 15q-bu09TU. I am using Win 10 64 bit. In my BIOS the secure boot option is grayed out, hence I can't change it. I need to enable secure boot option. I tried to disable Legacy Boot menu, but no help. I also set Administrator password but he secure boot option is still grayed out. Please help me to enable secure boot option.

:)

Abhik RanjanThakur, Jun 26, 2021
  2. Dadof 5 Win User

Unable to add boot option as boot menu disabled in BIOS

I am sorry to hear that I took that suggestion from the following post where a user claimed to have solved this same issue

"Start the machine and press F12 to get into the boot options. Don't push F2 because these options are most likely GRAYED OUT in there (they were for me)

Go to change boot mode setting

Select Legacy Boot Mode Secure Boot Off

Restart and push F2 to go into BIOS

Ensure options are enabled (i.e. problem sorted)

Change boot mode back to UEFI Boot Mode Secure Boot On and reboot again

Press F2 to get into the BIOS.

Voila, the BIOS options should be enabled as they should be. RE the Admin Password: My Admin password was the same as the Master password so I assume by entering this I was also able to enter the BIOS with that. Why on earth the options were grayed out/disabled,
    however, is still beyond me. Changing to Legacy Boot Mode and then back again to UEFI fixed the problem."

Source: sh0b31

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General/... Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.
    Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it. disabled/m-p/4590578#M845289

Dadof 5, Jun 26, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Secure boot option grayed out in BIOS in HP laptop?

Secure Boot Option Greyed out in Surface 3 BIOS

I am trying to Dual Boot/Install Parrot OS on my Surface and i need to disable secure boot.

This is the issue in step form:

1: I access the bios password screen and Press "ENTER" (Without entering a Password) and access the BIOS interface. (Note. NOT the UEFI)

2: I go to select Secure Boot, but i can only access Device Information as all other options are unavailable.

I do not know how to enable the BIOS Options and have searched endlessly to no avail.

Hope you can help.

Border.

Moved from: Surface / Surface 3 / Safety and security.

Borderless1, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

Secure boot option grayed out in BIOS in HP laptop?

1. Secure boot option grayed out in BIOS in HP laptop? - Similar Threads - Secure boot option

2. "options" in file explorer is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "options" in file explorer is grayed out: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several issues.Currently, file explorer displays no thumbnails and "options" is grayed out. If I right click on a file and presses "open with", it completely freezes explorer, I cant even alt-tab, I have to terminate it.On other...
  3. "options" in file explorer is grayed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "options" in file explorer is grayed out: HiI'm under windows 10 and file explorer has several random issues.Randomly, it will stop showing file thumbnails and have "options" grayed out. Sometimes it will not display folders' content, sometimes it will. It's very annoying.It's fixed by rebooting, but I don't want to...
  4. Domain option grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain option grayed out: I am unable to add our new devices to our active directory. The new devices are running on windows 11. It is currently on Workgroup, But I need it to be added to the domain. I work at a school district in the IT department....
  5. Domain option grayed out

Domain option grayed out: I am unable to add our new devices to our active directory. The new devices are running on windows 11. It is currently on Workgroup, But I need it to be added to the domain. I work at a school district in the IT department....
  6. WiFi option grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi option grayed out: Hello! For a while now my desktop computer an HP all in one will disconnect from wifi and say there is no network available. When I go to network settings, the wifi button is in the off position and I cannot click on it. I can only restart the computer, but it will happen...
  7. WiFi option grayed out

WiFi option grayed out: Hello! For a while now my desktop computer an HP all in one will disconnect from wifi and say there is no network available. When I go to network settings, the wifi button is in the off position and I cannot click on it. I can only restart the computer, but it will happen...
  8. Problem with "Secure Boot" in my HP PC's BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with "Secure Boot" in my HP PC's BIOS: Hi Everyone As we all know that Win 11 needs an enabled Secure Boot to upgrade on PCs as per Microsoft's new recruitments. So, I checked my PC's BIOS and got that there was no "Secure Boot Configuration" option available.Then I check my PC's system summary and got Secure Boot...
  9. How enabling secure boot grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How enabling secure boot grayed out: Notebook HP, Windows 10 pro oem, gpt mode no legacy. Issue: in uefi setup original settings, I didn't change anything since purchasing secure boot is on disabled and it's impossible to set to enabled grayed out. Platform key is on not enrolled. In factory installed OS there...
  10. WiFi option grayed out.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi option grayed out.: After upgrading to Windows 10 2 days wireless worked properly but when I switch on my laptop the wifi option grayed out I tried to update my wireless drives but that did not work so I reset my network but that did not work so I check-in BIOS but wireless is on so I update my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable secure boot if it is gray

2. hp bios greyed out

3. source boot gray hp

4. No secure boot option in BIOS HP Windows 10,
  5. How to enable Secure Boot in HP,
  6. how to enable gray secure boot HP laptop,
  7. how to enable gray secure boot