Windows 10: Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

Discus and support Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; after a windows update, my BIOS got changed. Now I get an error message forcing me to log in using my BitLocker info, which I don't have. Anyone has an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bruno in Florida, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

after a windows update, my BIOS got changed. Now I get an error message forcing me to log in using my BitLocker info, which I don't have. Anyone has an idea?

:)

Bruno in Florida, Sep 24, 2022

2. You need to enter your recovery key because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.

Hello.

I am using BitLocker with an ASUS Trusted Platform Module TPM-M R2.0

I recently had to reset my secure boot keys to the mainboard defaults and then i get this message when booting:

"You need to enter your recovery key because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

I have no recovery keys for the root volume C:

What up with this? I thought that BitLocker uses the keys from the TPM module.

Any workarounds? It's really stupid for the hard drive to be encrypted with keys on a TPM yet i need a recovery key that i don't have.

Thus losing access to my data.

nicolaevladescu, Sep 24, 2022
  3. begro89 Win User
    Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

1. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed... - Similar Threads - Secure Boot policy

2. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.: Hi Everyone,If a someone never set a bitlocker key and now is being prompt for same, how can they find out who set it by getting informed of the email used to do so?This has happed to my coworkers and and I the IT Support Officer tried different ways to recover their keys....
  3. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.: Hi Everyone,If a someone never set a bitlocker key and now is being prompt for same, how can they find out who set it by getting informed of the email used to do so?This has happed to my coworkers and and I the IT Support Officer tried different ways to recover their keys....
  4. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...: after a windows update, my BIOS got changed. Now I get an error message forcing me to log in using my BitLocker info, which I don't have. Anyone has an idea?...
  6. Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed...: after a windows update, my BIOS got changed. Now I get an error message forcing me to log in using my BitLocker info, which I don't have. Anyone has an idea?...
  7. Change bitlocker secure boot policy

Change bitlocker secure boot policy: Hi,I currently have Windows 11 Pro with BitLocker enabled and requiring a key/passcode on boot.Now I frequently want to boot my laptop from PXE over the network and to do this I need to keep turning off secure boot. If I turn off secure boot I can't then re-boot back into...
  8. Change bitlocker secure boot policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change bitlocker secure boot policy: Hi,I currently have Windows 11 Pro with BitLocker enabled and requiring a key/passcode on boot.Now I frequently want to boot my laptop from PXE over the network and to do this I need to keep turning off secure boot. If I turn off secure boot I can't then re-boot back into...
  9. Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.: HiSo i want play valorant and i need secure boot enabled so i go enable secure boot and i get this error invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.Does anybody know how to fix it?If i disable secure boot it works but i need to have enabled secure boot....
  10. Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.

Secure boot invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.: HiSo i want play valorant and i need secure boot enabled so i go enable secure boot and i get this error invalid signature detected. check secure boot policy in setup.Does anybody know how to fix it?If i disable secure boot it works but i need to have enabled secure boot....