Windows 10: Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.

Discus and support Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Build and have gotten the option to update to Windows 11 Insider Build but my PC is coming up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shadowility, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.

Hello everyone. I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Build and have gotten the option to update to Windows 11 Insider Build but my PC is coming up with the error "This PC Can't Run Windows 11. This PC Must support Secure Boot.". This is very confusing because my PC is using UEFI Bios Mode and the Hard Drive is formatted as GPT. Within my Bios menu, I do not have any option to Enable/Disable Secure Boot.

:)

Shadowility, Jun 29, 2021

2. Secure boot state unsupported

HI

Pavillion dv6t6c00 with i7 processor, Can I change the disk from mbr to gpt; if so how in windows 10.

I have a brand new hard drive I can reinstall windows 10 if needed. I don't see any bios updates in my notebook. msinfo32 shows that secure boot state is unsupported. Can you help how to change the bios mode from legacy to UEFI and secure boot state to
    on.

Thank you

jayaruveeru, Jun 29, 2021
  3. Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

I hear you on configuring your own PC the way you choose to.

His PC could not boot to a GPT disk if in Legacy BIOS mode. It could not boot to an MBR disk in UEFI mode. The error tells us that his disk is not partitioned for UEFI, so he is in Legacy BIOS mode, on an MBR disk, but has UEFI/GPT capability. On a Legacy
    BIOS-only PC, like my 2007 Dell XPS laptop, it would not give this error.

You are right that we do not know which version Windows Update is trying to install. He might not be able to upgrade directly from version 1507/build 10240 to version 1709 (or 1803). I could do a test tomorrow to see if the upgrade can be done in one step.
    I think that it might have to be done in two upgrades via Windows Update (because 10240 cannot do a UUP Windows Update) but probably can upgrade in one step via mounted ISO.

Using a downloaded ISO might also bypass this error, as I think you originally suggested, leaving the disk as MBR.

Don Cuthbert, Jun 29, 2021
  4. I-ON Win User

Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.

Benefits of UEFI/GPT boot disk vs. MBR for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for this information. Unfortunately it doesn't clearly answer my question whether I will benefit from using GPT format for Windows 10. In the past I didn't have to think about these options because my old motherboard had only legacy BIOS
    mode. As I'm using an SSD as my system drive with only one partition, by changing drive partition style to GPT I will get only these benefits:

1) Improved redundancy and partition data structure integrity as GPT disks use primary and backup partition tables as well as CRC32 fields.

2) Ability to use the UEFI version of BIOS, which can speed up boot and shutdown times and in order to boot my PC in UEFI mode, I'll need to use the GPT drive format.

Did I miss anything?

Now there are two things that are constantly being mentioned in relation with UEFI mode and GPT disks - Secure Boot and Compatibility Support Mode. Both are present in my motherboard BIOS and their default settings are at Enabled. What are these for
    and should I do anything beyond their default settings?

Thanks

Thema:

Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.

1. Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation. - Similar Threads - Secure Boot State

2. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  3. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt: For some reason Secure boot is unsupported even though i have uefi and gpt I just wanna upgrade to windows 11 man https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secureboot-unsupported-with-uefi-and-gpt/4ecbea94-66a5-4900-8727-902125e0b6df
  4. Secureboot unsupported with uefi and gpt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  6. Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot state off, but Secure boot is on in UEFI settings: Hello, I have been trying to play Valorant, but every time I launch the game I get an error stating that TPM and secure boot need to be enabled. To start, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-52KW running windows 11 The UEFI/BIOS I have is Insydeh20 setup utility version 2.06 I...
  7. drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI: I'm basically having a similar issue where I'm trying install a clean W10 onto my previous SSD and Win10 does see the drives and starts loading but stops whiting a few seconds stating that my drive needs to be formatted as GPT but BIOS is legacy and not UEFI. Perform Diskpart...
  8. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware: 1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I have to make it a GPT? 110420
  9. 'Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware' yet BIOS Mode set to UEFI

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    'Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware' yet BIOS Mode set to UEFI: Sometime in the fall I started getting Windows 10 update errors trying to install 1607 (the anniversary update I believe). After trying different fixes I just ignored it for a while hoping windows would come up with a fix. 6 months later and I'd like to finally resolved this...
  10. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware: BIOS is set to boot Legacy. Here are the two prior threads getting me from being patently annoyed with 1703 being chronically hung on a quality update to where I am now. The first one is a long read and the summary is, lots of trainwreckage, machine boots in Legacy....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secure boot state unsupported

2. secure boot state unsuported

3. secure boot state unsupported windows 10