Windows 10: Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled

Discus and support Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have went into the BIOS and reset settings, it turned the secure boot support to enabled, but in the information screen secure boot status is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HaoyangLin1, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled

I have went into the BIOS and reset settings, it turned the secure boot support to enabled, but in the information screen secure boot status is still shown as disabled after i saved and exited. The secure boot state in systems is also shown as 'off' even though when i went to BIOS to check again, secure boot support is still enabled.

:)

HaoyangLin1, Mar 9, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Mar 9, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User

They don't have to, as Secure Boot is supposed to have the option to be disabled in the UEFI interface. Most of the free distros probably won't see Secure Boot support. However, enterprise supported version of linux, such as Red Hat and the others that see heavy use in the enterprise world, will be using Secure Boot for sure.

newtekie1, Mar 9, 2022
  4. Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled

1. Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled - Similar Threads - Secure boot status

2. Cant disable csm support to enable secure boot.. help :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable csm support to enable secure boot.. help :: Whenever i go to bios and disable CSM for enabling secure boot it wont work.. It enables itself again whenever i save and exit.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-csm-support-to-enable-secure-boot/3d524b60-864b-4e73-9fd9-1042b78eaf9a
  3. Cant disable csm support to enable secure boot.. help :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant disable csm support to enable secure boot.. help :: Whenever i go to bios and disable CSM for enabling secure boot it wont work.. It enables itself again whenever i save and exit.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-csm-support-to-enable-secure-boot/3d524b60-864b-4e73-9fd9-1042b78eaf9a
  4. Enable Secure Boot

Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  5. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  6. how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled: as how the question goes, I can't find a way to manually enable secure boot itself even if secure boot control and UEFI is on and used. how do I enable it? like the secure boot in the BIOS settings of mine can't be changed but the secure boot control can be changed, I have...
  7. how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled

how to enable secure boot even if UEFI and secure boot control is on/enabled: as how the question goes, I can't find a way to manually enable secure boot itself even if secure boot control and UEFI is on and used. how do I enable it? like the secure boot in the BIOS settings of mine can't be changed but the secure boot control can be changed, I have...
  8. Enable Secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  9. Enable Secure boot

Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  10. Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled: I have went into the BIOS and reset settings, it turned the secure boot support to enabled, but in the information screen secure boot status is still shown as disabled after i saved and exited. The secure boot state in systems is also shown as 'off' even though when i went to...