Windows 10: Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC.

Discus and support Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless MouseCorsair K55 Pro RGB KeyboardiCUE installedI am trying to play FIFA 23; however, the game requires you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by reecesmitherman, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC.

Windows 11Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless MouseCorsair K55 Pro RGB KeyboardiCUE installedI am trying to play FIFA 23; however, the game requires you to enable secure boot for the new anti-cheat. I know how to do that, so I enter my BIOS and enable it, and once the PC has booted up, I cannot do anything because the mouse and keyboard do not do anything. The lights are active on both devices, but no inputs come through. This is immediately fixed by returning to the bios and disabling secure boot. I suspect this is because the drivers are blocked by secure boot; however, my Xbox controller and other

:)

reecesmitherman, Oct 1, 2022

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC.

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC.

1. Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC. - Similar Threads - Secure Boot stops

2. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work: I just plugged in my second computer and it boots up normally but when I get to the login screen the keyboard and mouse don't do anything. The backlighting on my keyboard works but no matter what let's I press nothing works and I can't get into my PC. I've tried a second...
  3. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work: I just plugged in my second computer and it boots up normally but when I get to the login screen the keyboard and mouse don't do anything. The backlighting on my keyboard works but no matter what let's I press nothing works and I can't get into my PC. I've tried a second...
  4. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work after secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work after secure boot: After turning on secure boot my keyboard and mouse doesn’t work in windows but in bios. I tried everything in bios with all the usb settings, updating, clearing the cmos, I have a r5 3600 on a rog strix b550-f...
  6. Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work after secure boot

Keyboard and mouse doesn’t work after secure boot: After turning on secure boot my keyboard and mouse doesn’t work in windows but in bios. I tried everything in bios with all the usb settings, updating, clearing the cmos, I have a r5 3600 on a rog strix b550-f...
  7. Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC.

Secure Boot stops/blocks mouse and keyboard from working, unable to use PC.: Windows 11Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless MouseCorsair K55 Pro RGB KeyboardiCUE installedI am trying to play FIFA 23; however, the game requires you to enable secure boot for the new anti-cheat. I know how to do that, so I enter my BIOS and enable it, and once the PC has booted...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and Mouse stop working immediately after boot.: Help, I am having this issue, Please respond if you know why this is happening, or how to resolve the issue: Just recently, a few days ago I switched on my PC and began the process of starting it up; throughout the BIOS screen and boot process all was well and good,...
  9. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after Resetting the PC

Mouse and keyboard stopped working after Resetting the PC: It’s happened three months ago I’m at trying to get it fixed but don’t know how mousing keyboard doesn’t work in the safe mode it works in Bio settings And the automatic repair mode and I restarted it fully thinking it would fix the problem but no it still didn’t work so now...
  10. Unable to use the Fn+F4 to stop the mouse on the keyboard.

Unable to use the Fn+F4 to stop the mouse on the keyboard.: My PC Notebook is unable to use the Fn+F4 to stop the mouse on the keyboard, and therefore, sometimes I touched it incorrectly....