Windows 10: Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC

Discus and support Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 Pro on an Intel NUC5i3RYH. In the UEFI settings I enabled Secure Boot, enabled UEFI boot and disabled Legacy Boot, yet in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lord Method Man, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC

I installed Windows 10 Pro on an Intel NUC5i3RYH. In the UEFI settings I enabled Secure Boot, enabled UEFI boot and disabled Legacy Boot, yet in Windows 10 System Information it still says Secure Boot State: Off.

Is there something else I need to do to get Secure Boot working?

:)

Lord Method Man, Dec 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 - can't install updates

Hi,

I have

Intel i5 5th Gen , and Amd graphics card.

Hitendra_solanki, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Start Menu in windows 10 problems

I had the exact same problem, I bet you're running a computer with an intel 5th Gen processor, seems to be a problem with the Intel HD5500 driver, the issue gets fixed if you go to -> start->device manager->Display drivers->Intel HD5500

and disable it, wait for 5 secs and re-enable it. It only seems to fix the issue until the next boot...

KanaadPathak, Dec 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC

Hello Lord Method Man, *Smile

Double check to make sure that you have installed default secure boot keys after enabling secure boot, then saved UEFI settings before exiting.

Secure Boot - Enable or Disable in UEFI

Brink, Dec 31, 2015
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    If you installed before enabling Secure Boot or UEFI, did you actually install in the UEFI configuration?

If you open Disk Management, do you see an EFI system partition?

Saltgrass, Dec 31, 2015
  6. Had to check "Install Platform Keys." That did it, thanks!

Lord Method Man, Dec 31, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. Yeah, it would be nice if all the motherboard manufacturers would use the same terminology.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC

1. Secure Boot with 5th gen Intel NUC - Similar Threads - Secure Boot 5th

2. About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?: Dear Sir/madam, How's things?,According to Microsoft's expert opinions through their websites are saying whoever has a 5th/6th Gen. Intel or lower should not even attempt to download and install Windows 11 legally or illegally ,as errors will emerge/show up ?,because Windows...
  3. About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About A 5th/6th Gen. Intel Computer Reply By Microsoft?: Dear Sir/madam, How's things?,According to Microsoft's expert opinions through their websites are saying whoever has a 5th/6th Gen. Intel or lower should not even attempt to download and install Windows 11 legally or illegally ,as errors will emerge/show up ?,because Windows...
  4. Intel Nuc I3 gen 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel Nuc I3 gen 8: I just bought an intel Nuc i3 gen 8 for my parents. It is stuck on the undoing changes screen black screen. How does one fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-nuc-i3-gen-8/0ac90207-6dcb-47a2-8399-edf652e7d40c
  5. New intel nuc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New intel nuc: Hi... i recently bought an intel nuc and would like to install windows 10 pro... everything went well except after windows started, my usb keyboard didnt work... try to update driver and etc but it still didnt work... version installed is windows 10 pro version 2004......
  6. Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Driver 15.40.45.5126 for 4th & 5th Gen to hold to - Hell Corner: Several years ago I wrote an article about how a glitch in Intel driver manages to show flickering and artification to proud owners of PCs and laptops of 4th and 5th Generation of Intel(R) HD Graphics Family even in dual GPUs setups . The flickering would still happen in...
  7. Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00176 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in...
  8. Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family: [img] [ATTACH] The new Intel NUC kits (NUC8i7BEH, NUC8i5BEH, NUC8i5BEK, NUC8i3BEH, NUC8i3BEK, formerly code-named Bean Canyon) allow integrators and DIYers to customize with their choice of storage, memory and operating system. With this flexibility, the Intel NUC kits...
  9. Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel NUC: Hi guys i have a 6th generation i5 NUC with a 500gig Samsung 850 M.2 drive. The problem is that in the magician software it is telling me I am connected to a Sata II port not Sata III.... what gives? Any insight would be appreciated Regards Glen 65956
  10. Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th

in Windows 10 News
    Intel 8th gen desktop processors available for purchase October 5th: JrOb84MetfQ Newest Processors Deliver Premium Performance, with a Boost in Frame Rate of up to 25% Gen over Gen NEWS HIGHLIGHTS New 8th Gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors and Intel® Z370 chipset are perfect for gamers, content creators and overclockers with a range...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel nuc 5th gen cant access bios with legacy boot disabled

2. intel nuc secure boot windows 10

3. 5th Gen Intel Nuc Uefi Secureboot