Windows 10: Secure Boot

Discus and support Secure Boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I tell if Secure Boot in enabled in my Windows 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShowMeGirl1, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Secure Boot

How can I tell if Secure Boot in enabled in my Windows 10?

:)

ShowMeGirl1, Sep 16, 2018

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 16, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2018
  4. GNJha Win User

Secure Boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Secure Boot

1. Secure Boot - Similar Threads - Secure Boot

2. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  3. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  4. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  5. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  6. Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11: I'm trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. However, whenever I do try to enable it Secure boot on, standard mode and apply the updates, I just get a black screen that lasts for hours. The only way I'm able to get back into my PC is by unplugging my ssd, disabling secure...
  7. Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11

Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11: I'm trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. However, whenever I do try to enable it Secure boot on, standard mode and apply the updates, I just get a black screen that lasts for hours. The only way I'm able to get back into my PC is by unplugging my ssd, disabling secure...
  8. How to delete secure boot keys on Gigabyte MOBO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete secure boot keys on Gigabyte MOBO: I have a gigabyte motherboard B450M D3SH WIFI and I can’t find where to delete/clean secure boot keys from BIOS, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-secure-boot-keys-on-gigabyte-mobo/334f0e9a-0240-451f-9cb1-8843c0c67e66
  9. How to delete secure boot keys on Gigabyte MOBO

How to delete secure boot keys on Gigabyte MOBO: I have a gigabyte motherboard B450M D3SH WIFI and I can’t find where to delete/clean secure boot keys from BIOS, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-secure-boot-keys-on-gigabyte-mobo/334f0e9a-0240-451f-9cb1-8843c0c67e66
  10. Security Boot Verification Failure

Security Boot Verification Failure: Hey everyone, I've been playing FPS shooter games like Valorant for 2 years now. One day, I ran the same game I've been playing only to be greeted with a message that states: 'VAN:RESTRICTION - Security Boot Verification Failure'.I have TPM 2.0 enabled, and my security boot...