Windows 10: Secure Boot

Discus and support Secure Boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I tell if Secure Boot in enabled in my Windows 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShowMeGirl1, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Secure Boot

How can I tell if Secure Boot in enabled in my Windows 10?

:)

ShowMeGirl1, Sep 16, 2018

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Sep 16, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2018
  4. GNJha Win User

Secure Boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Secure Boot

1. Secure Boot - Similar Threads - Secure Boot

2. Installation failed with error code 52 when secure boot was on after signing EV-CODE. Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation failed with error code 52 when secure boot was on after signing EV-CODE. Windows10: Q1. How shall I do to install the driver without code52 on secure boot?Q2. How should I do to install the driver on pc can't be updated windows10?Thank you....
  3. How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable test mode in windows 10 when it is protected by secure boot policy?: Hi, I am wondering how to disable this huge test mode watermark in windows 10. I have tried the normal fix, only to be met with this error. What can I do?...
  4. cant enable secure boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant enable secure boot: My device has both Legacy and UEFI boot systems and when i change Legacy to UEFI and enable secure boot . A msg appears saying "hard drive cant be found and to reseat it" and i cant continue from there without disabling the secure boot. what should i do? plz help me:...
  5. Blue screen of death on boot with error kernel security check failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen of death on boot with error kernel security check failure: HI my laptop is BSOD when it boots up giving this error ' kernel security check failure' then restarting and working fine. Any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Security update for Secure Boot DBX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security update for Secure Boot DBX: Hello All, I am writing this to know What is latest Security update for Secure Boot DBX for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems and Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems, and when latest update will release? Thank you...
  7. How to disable F12 secure boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable F12 secure boot: Hello, I tried to press F12 when I boot my computer, and it run out secure boot like this [IMG] how can I go back to Normal boot mode My spec [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-f12-secure-boot/881d53cc-01f0-46de-968e-c903c09eae92
  8. AMI Aptio Setup Secure Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AMI Aptio Setup Secure Boot: Hello, My major concern is about Key Management in Secure Boot configuration. I have visited many web-sites to get a clear answer to but only question: if I choose the "Reset To Setup Mode" option in the Aptio Setup, does it effectively mean I'll lose all the keys that are...
  9. UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UEFI Secure Boot on Windows 10: Hi, does protecting Windows 10 boot process from know attacks is by simply enabling Secure Boot option in UEFI settings in contrast to the long procedure to follow in GNU/Linux distributions to enable that security feature ? Thanks. submitted by /u/Spare_Prize1148 [link]...
  10. Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable Secure boot Windows 10 don't start: Hi,I need to enable bitlocker on a computer that is already installed and the BIOS settings during the install was Secure Boot disable and Startup mode Legacy. When enabling Secure Boot it force the computer to use UEFI Only but windows don't boot with that setting. I only...