Windows 10: Secure boot

Discus and support Secure boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hola queria saber como activar el secure boot una placa madre gigabyte ga-z270-gaming k3 , habilite el TTP pero cuando desabilito el CSM no me sale la... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pablo chavez1, May 21, 2024.

1. Secure boot

Hola queria saber como activar el secure boot una placa madre gigabyte ga-z270-gaming k3 , habilite el TTP pero cuando desabilito el CSM no me sale la opcion de Secure boot , que tengo que hacer ? Gracias

:)

pablo chavez1, May 21, 2024

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, May 21, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 21, 2024
  4. GNJha Win User

Secure boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Secure boot

1. Secure boot - Similar Threads - Secure boot

2. Windows 11 Desktop: 'Secure Boot Error: Invalid Signature detected. Check Secure Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop: 'Secure Boot Error: Invalid Signature detected. Check Secure Boot...: Hello Forum members,I received the above error. After searching in forums, I did the following:1. Downloaded bootable install on USB2. In BIOS setting changes the Boot order to have 'Boot from USB' on top3. Restarted machine. 4. Get the Windows setup, selected Custom install,...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop: 'Secure Boot Error: Invalid Signature detected. Check Secure Boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop: 'Secure Boot Error: Invalid Signature detected. Check Secure Boot...: Hello Forum members,I received the above error. After searching in forums, I did the following:1. Downloaded bootable install on USB2. In BIOS setting changes the Boot order to have 'Boot from USB' on top3. Restarted machine. 4. Get the Windows setup, selected Custom install,...
  4. Secure boot make BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot make BSOD: I installed Windows 11 without secure boot enabled, opening the console and editing the registry during the installer, everything worked without a problem. I wanted to run Valorant recently, but it turned out that the game requires Secure Boot to be turned on. I tried to...
  5. Secure boot make BSOD

Secure boot make BSOD: I installed Windows 11 without secure boot enabled, opening the console and editing the registry during the installer, everything worked without a problem. I wanted to run Valorant recently, but it turned out that the game requires Secure Boot to be turned on. I tried to...
  6. PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot: Basically I was going to play Valorant but I needed to enable FTPM and Secure Boot however when I did it started turning off and on again so i tried resetting BIOS using the CMOS battery and taking it out for 5 mins and putting it back in. However now the PC gives me no...
  7. PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot

PC has no display but turns on after editing BIOS Secure Boot: Basically I was going to play Valorant but I needed to enable FTPM and Secure Boot however when I did it started turning off and on again so i tried resetting BIOS using the CMOS battery and taking it out for 5 mins and putting it back in. However now the PC gives me no...
  8. How to enable Secure Boot State and TPM 2.0 on American Megatrends?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Secure Boot State and TPM 2.0 on American Megatrends?: I just got my all-in-one desktop pc back from a repair shop since its hard drive was broken and needs to be replaced. When I got it back it shows that Secure Boot is disable so I'm trying to enable it together with TPM through tutorials, but I can't seem to find "secure boot"...
  9. How to enable Secure Boot State and TPM 2.0 on American Megatrends?

How to enable Secure Boot State and TPM 2.0 on American Megatrends?: I just got my all-in-one desktop pc back from a repair shop since its hard drive was broken and needs to be replaced. When I got it back it shows that Secure Boot is disable so I'm trying to enable it together with TPM through tutorials, but I can't seem to find "secure boot"...
  10. Need to know how to get Windows to recognize Secure Boot is set

Need to know how to get Windows to recognize Secure Boot is set: Have an AMD system. Want Win11. Says BIOS does not support secure boot. BIOS is set for secure boot, but unless it's set for UEFI AND Legacy OProm, will not boot into windows because with UEFI only, it does not recognize the boot device. I've set every option for UEFI Only,...