Windows 10: Secure boot

Discus and support Secure boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hola queria saber como activar el secure boot una placa madre gigabyte ga-z270-gaming k3 , habilite el TTP pero cuando desabilito el CSM no me sale la... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pablo chavez1, May 21, 2024.

1. Secure boot

Hola queria saber como activar el secure boot una placa madre gigabyte ga-z270-gaming k3 , habilite el TTP pero cuando desabilito el CSM no me sale la opcion de Secure boot , que tengo que hacer ? Gracias

:)

pablo chavez1, May 21, 2024

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, May 21, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, May 21, 2024
  4. GNJha Win User

Secure boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Secure boot

1. Secure boot - Similar Threads - Secure boot

2. Enable Secure Boot on MBR Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure Boot on MBR Drive: I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive from windows 11, but secure boot is not enabled. Looking into it, it looks like this is because the hard drive running windows has an MBR formatting and was not booting using UEFI I've been cloning the same hard drive I bought in 2013.I...
  3. Enable Secure Boot on MBR Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Secure Boot on MBR Drive: I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive from windows 11, but secure boot is not enabled. Looking into it, it looks like this is because the hard drive running windows has an MBR formatting and was not booting using UEFI I've been cloning the same hard drive I bought in 2013.I...
  4. Enable Secure Boot on MBR Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...: My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i enable it, windows won't boot, I'm using Windows 11 24H2 insider preview, the update downloads but fails. Any way to fix?...
  6. My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...

My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...: My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i enable it, windows won't boot, I'm using Windows 11 24H2 insider preview, the update downloads but fails. Any way to fix?...
  7. Says secure boot enabled but I look down to secure boot status and it says disabled, why is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Says secure boot enabled but I look down to secure boot status and it says disabled, why is...: I am trying to enable my secure boot but everything I go to the advanced startup and I check into uefi settings I see that it says Secure boot EnabledSecure boot status DisabledWhy is this?...
  8. Says secure boot enabled but I look down to secure boot status and it says disabled, why is...

Says secure boot enabled but I look down to secure boot status and it says disabled, why is...: I am trying to enable my secure boot but everything I go to the advanced startup and I check into uefi settings I see that it says Secure boot EnabledSecure boot status DisabledWhy is this?...
  9. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 10: All needed steps were taken. Disk was transfered from mbr to gpt and all steps were taken BIOS to enable Secure Boot, but System Information keeps showing Secure Boot as Off....
  10. Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Secure Boot Enabled in BIOS, but not Windows 10: All needed steps were taken. Disk was transfered from mbr to gpt and all steps were taken BIOS to enable Secure Boot, but System Information keeps showing Secure Boot as Off....