Windows 10: SECURE BOOT

Discus and support SECURE BOOT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I HAVE ENABLED SECURE BOOT IN BIOS BUT IT IS SHOWING YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BEACUSE SECURE BOOT IN NOT ENABLED... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DillipSingh, Jul 11, 2021.

1. SECURE BOOT

I HAVE ENABLED SECURE BOOT IN BIOS BUT IT IS SHOWING YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BEACUSE SECURE BOOT IN NOT ENABLED

:)

DillipSingh, Jul 11, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jul 11, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 11, 2021
  4. GNJha Win User

SECURE BOOT

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

SECURE BOOT

1. SECURE BOOT - Similar Threads - SECURE BOOT

2. Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC: I do not know how to enable the Secure Boot. I tried by using the BIOS mode and I couldn't find the option. I've tried by using the Windows troubleshooting https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-and-secure-boot-a8ff1202-c0d9-42f5-940f-843abef64fad and no...
  3. Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Secure Boot B550M DS3H AC: I do not know how to enable the Secure Boot. I tried by using the BIOS mode and I couldn't find the option. I've tried by using the Windows troubleshooting https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-and-secure-boot-a8ff1202-c0d9-42f5-940f-843abef64fad and no...
  4. Windows 11 and secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and secure boot: So I just downloaded windows 11 and wanted to play some faceit. Faceit anticheat wants me to have secure boot on, I went and put it on but it gave me an error that I need to do something with my platform key. I changed it and after that my pc died. It turns on but no power to...
  5. Windows 11 and secure boot

Windows 11 and secure boot: So I just downloaded windows 11 and wanted to play some faceit. Faceit anticheat wants me to have secure boot on, I went and put it on but it gave me an error that I need to do something with my platform key. I changed it and after that my pc died. It turns on but no power to...
  6. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  7. how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support

how do i enable secure boot if i cant disable csm support: im 10 hours into this issue please helpin order to disable secure boot i need to disable csm support and restart my bios however the csm support re enables upon rebooting my computer after save and exit in bios. this issue started after upgrading my ssd for larger storage and...
  8. un-able to access secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    un-able to access secure boot: I can not access secure boot settings in windows, my hardware meets all requirements. the UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows10, for me its not a hardware issue. motherboard is current bios settings are enabled I have done everything mentioned to access it i need help...
  9. un-able to access secure boot

un-able to access secure boot: I can not access secure boot settings in windows, my hardware meets all requirements. the UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows10, for me its not a hardware issue. motherboard is current bios settings are enabled I have done everything mentioned to access it i need help...
  10. un-able to access secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade