Windows 10: Secure Boot

Discus and support Secure Boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Secure boot is enabled but 11 does not see it on Asus B450... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Applejackaz, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Secure Boot

Secure boot is enabled but 11 does not see it on Asus B450

:)

Applejackaz, Oct 26, 2021

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 26, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 26, 2021
  4. GNJha Win User

Secure Boot

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Secure Boot

1. Secure Boot - Similar Threads - Secure Boot

2. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  3. Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 disabling secure boot after installation?: I have installed Windows 11 pro with TPM and Secure Boot enabled, I want to install Arch Linux and make Dual Boot but I need to disable secure boot, anyone has any experience disabling secure boot on their Win 11 system after the OS is installed and running ?What about update...
  4. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  5. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  6. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a: He estado tratando de activar el secure boot en mi placa base pero indica como no compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activar-secure-boot-en-placa-base-asus-b-450m-a/563a21ab-af3e-4eae-bd79-90c78f44ff3e
  8. Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a

Activar secure boot en placa base asus b-450m-a: He estado tratando de activar el secure boot en mi placa base pero indica como no compatible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activar-secure-boot-en-placa-base-asus-b-450m-a/563a21ab-af3e-4eae-bd79-90c78f44ff3e
  9. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...
  10. Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade

Problems activating secure boot for Win 11 upgrade: Hi,since the support for Win 10 is ending, I wanted to upgrade my dad's PC from Win 10 to Win 11. I have enabled the TPM chip in BIOS and wanted to do the same for Secure Boot which is required, but couldn't turn off the compatibility mode CSM I believe, turning it off is a...