Windows 10: Secure Connection Failed notice

Discus and support Secure Connection Failed notice in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi there, I wish to access the ozz-lotto website to buy a ticket in a lottery. In 3 browsers I get the following notice. An error occurred during a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ppumkineater, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Secure Connection Failed notice

hi there,

I wish to access the ozz-lotto website to buy a ticket in a lottery.

In 3 browsers I get the following notice.

An error occurred during a connection to www.thelott.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

it refers to gambling..I have checked setting in Bitdefender and browser setting and cannot find any mention

of gambling being flagged as not allowed?

What is stopping access to the site?

Peter

:)

ppumkineater, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

secure connection failed

Hi,

Outdated date and time settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having a secure connection failed when browsing the internet. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried turning off your third-party security software and let Windows Defender enabled?

Meanwhile, you can try to update the date and time settings of your computer and see if you will still experience the same issue.

We will be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jul 15, 2020
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jul 15, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Secure Connection Failed notice

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Secure Connection Failed notice

1. Secure Connection Failed notice - Similar Threads - Secure Connection Failed

2. Google "Secure Connection Failed" 2023

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google "Secure Connection Failed" 2023: Every Google product I try signing into, I suddenly get the same message "Secure Connection FailedAn error occurred during a connection to mail.google.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERRORError code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the...
  3. VPN - "The L2TP connection attempt failed because security policy for the connection was...

VPN - "The L2TP connection attempt failed because security policy for the connection was...: Connecting Windows 10 VPN to Draytek routers on numerous sites all returns the same error. Sometimes a reboot works, sometimes it doesn't. Have followed all steps in the similar message The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing...
  4. SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL Secure Connection Failed in Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL Secure Connection Failed in Firefox: [ATTACH]A lot of users are reporting that when they try to access a website or a local web server, they see SEC ERROR REUSED ISSUER AND SERIAL warning. This issue is usually, reported in the Firefox browser – but a similar error may be seen in Chrome, Opera and Edge too. The...
  5. Secure Connection Failed

Secure Connection Failed: All my web browsers are shown as Secure Connection Failed on the Internet. The changes are also shown in the Microsoft Community. But it has not been successful. How do I fix it?...
  6. Secure connection failed error on Wifi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secure connection failed error on Wifi.: I hv a ryzen 5 3600 pc with rx 570, msi b450 pro carbon ac wifi mobo. A few days ago my browser started showing the error on some websites and then everything started to show the same..internet would not connect but on vpn it worked. Is there a fix? Im using win 10 1903 v2...
  7. Security Essentials "Connection failed"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials "Connection failed": I run Microsoft Security Essentials under Windows 7 The issue is once I add a 2nd NIC, I get a connection failed while "installing" definition updates from MSSE I think this is the 'key' because it "downloads" just fine. just cannot install, then the error "connection...
  8. ERROR MESSAGE- SECURE CONNECTION FAILED?

ERROR MESSAGE- SECURE CONNECTION FAILED?: I am using windows 10 pro and when I go to my local library web page and login to listen to audiobooks I get an error message of secure connection failed and also says authenticity of data received can not be verified. I did not have this problem when I was using windows 7...
  9. "Virus scan failed" notice

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Virus scan failed" notice: When I try to download a EXE file onto my computer I get a "Virus scan failed" notice. I contacted McAfee, which was the file I was trying to download, and they suggested that I contact you as they were thinking it was a registry entry of windows defender. Using Windows...
  10. Outlook.com Secure Connection Failed

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com Secure Connection Failed: This has been going on for around three + hours now while trying to access outlook.com email. Once in a while it will clear up for a few minutes, then drops out again. Restarting does nothing. I can go to any other site with no problem. Anyone else see this also ?...