Windows 10: secure document can't be opened

Discus and support secure document can't be opened in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I grant permission for envelope tools to run? TY B.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoyBuza, Feb 1, 2019.

1. JoyBuza Win User

secure document can't be opened

How do I grant permission for envelope tools to run?

TY

B.

:)

JoyBuza, Feb 1, 2019

2. opening documents

Hi,

Have you logged into the system using a Microsoft Account or a Local account?

You can fix this using these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 1, 2019
  4. secure document can't be opened

Jsssssssss, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

secure document can't be opened

1. secure document can't be opened - Similar Threads - secure document can't

2. Account created, can't open Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  3. Account created, can't open Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  4. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  5. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  6. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't open scanned documents

Can't open scanned documents: I'm running on Windows 10 and can scan from printer with no problem, however I am unable to open the file from SCANS-it just continuously runs. I also found that I cannot open my SYSTEMS app. Thanks for any suggestions/help....
  8. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open documents: In Word, trying to open documents w/i particular file. I get a pop-up: "Word experienced error trying to open the file. Try: -Check the file permissions for the document; -Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space; -Open the file with the Text Recovery...
  9. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...
  10. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open documents: I have windows10 installed but some virus infected my firefox browser and i had no option but to refresh my pc which i didn't know would install windows again ,previously when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows7 .. i could see windows.old folder in which i had all my 7's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. didnt grant permission for envelope tools to run