Windows 10: Secure Erase SSD Samsung

Discus and support Secure Erase SSD Samsung in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guntert, May 24, 2016.

1. Guntert Win User

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

I have a samsung SSD and a PNY SSD that I installed on my laptop. I get an error and fix complete when I boot up windows 10. I was told I should do a secure erase and reinstall windows 10. I have tired using samsung magician and make bootable USB but nothing happens. My Samsung SSD is my main drive c:/ with windows 10 on it. Any ideas or suggestions?

:)

Guntert, May 24, 2016
  2. decl4nKQ Win User

Please help! Corrupted OS

Hello,

so i checked and i did a samsung secure erase of the ssd. I reinstalled and it was working fine until i started getting bluesceens, and i didnt even do anything. I did plug in my wireless adaptor after the install. Would it ne good to try a format of the
    ssd?

decl4nKQ, May 24, 2016
  3. YuanSR Win User
    Install windows from hard drive to another hard drive

Since you have successfully installed Windows 10, the only problem left is clean the bootable SSD.

However, you cannot format it like you did to other HDDs for two reasons.

1. It contains a bootable system so you need to delete it or format it in WinPE mode, i.e. without booting Windows.

2. It is an SSD so you cannot simply format it to get all data erased. The most secure way is to

secure erase SSD

It is not a difficult task, but to create WinPE bootable device, you may need to find your USB drive first. Or, connect your SSD as the secondary device and try to erase it under Windows environment.

Regards.

YuanSR, May 24, 2016
  4. Secure Erase SSD Samsung

Just restore using your backup image. That would put you at the point you made your last backup.

stealth2920, May 24, 2016
  5. Guntert Win User
    Would like to do a complete fresh install of windows I get error when windows boots up... scanning and repairing drive.. my SSD is my main drive

Guntert, May 24, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
  7. I would only have the Samsung SSD hooked up when you do the install. Sometimes files get scattered when you have other HD or SSD hooked up.

8. Guntert Win User

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

Guntert, May 24, 2016
  9. Guntert Win User
    so take the laptop apart again and take out second SSD drive?

Guntert, May 24, 2016
  10. Try the clean install first. Sometimes it is not necessary to remove other drives if they don't have an OS on them but if it doesn't work properly then yes. A clean install will wipe the Samsung SSD and install like the current OS was never there.

11. Guntert Win User
    error I get is scanning and repairing drive (\\?\Volume{5ed628e8-b12f-4f35-be83-dad1a9e4a468}): 100% complete

then it boots right into windows

Guntert, May 24, 2016
  12. Just do a clean install as recommended above but hard to say how it will come out with that other SSD attached. Won't hurt to try. You don't have a backup image when it was working good?

13. Guntert Win User

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

no, I dont mind starting over, just heard I sould do a secure erase to make sure it cleans any bad sectors or put it back to what it was when I bought it

Couldnt get samsung secure erase to work even after creating samesung boot USB

Guntert, May 24, 2016
  14. Guntert Win User
    Well here is what happened... Got desperate and made an appointment with GeekSquad who said on phone it was going to cost $150 to $200 to fix my problem! Just as i am about to pack up laptop I said no way do they know more then tenforums.com billions of readers to 5 guys at bestbuy. Did clean install and BAM!! Error gone and everything back the way it was and FAST it is again... Thank again to all that replied you saved me $$...

Guntert, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Secure Erase SSD Samsung

1. Secure Erase SSD Samsung - Similar Threads - Secure Erase SSD

2. Secure erase + password lock ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secure erase + password lock ssd?: Hi there. I need something that can secure erase my ssd and immediately lock it at the same time so nothing can access it without a password. (I’m dealing with a rootkit virus that spreads itself on every storage device) so i need some kind of tool that can erase it and lock...
  3. How to Secure Erase older Intel SSD for selling on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Secure Erase older Intel SSD for selling on: Hi Guys, I have an older Intel 320 series SSD that I no longer use, so I thought I'd sell it, OK, I know I won't get a lot for it but it will be some money. I tried to Secure Erase it whilst it was in the PC as a Master drive, of course you can't, so I thought I'd 'Google'...
  4. SSD wont secure erase on USB or DISC

SSD wont secure erase on USB or DISC: I have recently had a failure of BIOS and backup BIOS on my Gigabyte GA-H77M D3H rev1.0 motherboard, now I've purchased a 2nd hand Intel (branded), 7 series board, to replace it, now in anticipation, I thought I would secure erase the SSD now in prep now first I attached it...
  5. Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem booting USB Secure Erase Samsung: This problem has been haunting me for 2 days now. I'm trying to secure erase my SSD to sell it and used Samsung Magician to create a bootable USB to do it. Didn't work. Then I've read that the Secure Erase feature only works with MBR, so I converted my 970 Evo disk from GPT...
  6. Samsung Magician Secure Erase

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Samsung Magician Secure Erase: Hi. I have a Samsung SSD I wish to securely erase. I've got it hooked up via a SATA to USB adapter. Magician software won't work in this configuration; it appears I need to have the SSD hooked up directly to the MB? Can anyone confirm this, or have a way around it? And,...
  7. files accidently erased on ssd

in Windows 10 Customization
    files accidently erased on ssd: I accidentally deleted user name and other files on my ssd cant do things as task manager or restore my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-accidently-erased-on-ssd/96e3e868-fdf4-4d66-bcb1-a1df8025b21f
  8. How to erase partitions on SSD?

How to erase partitions on SSD?: Hi folks, I got a SSD drive and it has two partitions on it. The drive is 500gb and one of the partitions is 10gb. How can I completely delete the 10gb partition and get the drive back to a functioning 500gb drive again please? When I use the Disk Management program the...
  9. erase windows 10 on ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erase windows 10 on ssd: Im selling my system and want to remove windows 10 from it. what is the best way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/erase-windows-10-on-ssd/29315124-9fa8-4785-b2b6-857d777d02e0
  10. samsung 860 ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    samsung 860 ssd: I plan on getting a Samsung 860 evo 250 gbs on Thursday. My current stats are i5 3.3 ghz 500gb hdd only 85 used in 6 years, windows 10 upgrade from 7. My question is what improvement does this normally make. I think the programs will start faster but how fast. Will page...