Windows 10: secure file from standard user

Discus and support secure file from standard user in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have a windows application which is written by electron and SQLite as database, the problem is we want our database file to be secure from deleting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by imanhmz, Oct 1, 2020.

1. imanhmz Win User

secure file from standard user

We have a windows application which is written by electron and SQLite as database, the problem is we want our database file to be secure from deleting or modifying by user , and only application itself can modify that , what are the options here ? is it possible to give admin rights to the application and let standard user run the application with admin privilege without entering password every single time ?

:)

imanhmz, Oct 1, 2020

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Oct 1, 2020
  3. User can't copy files from network share. Permission error.

Seems security essentials wasn't liking the file for the user for some odd reason. Thanks for your suggestions.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 1, 2020
  4. secure file from standard user

Need some restriction of my standard user in my PC

The easiest way to restrict a standard user from accessing the files of another user account is by ensuring that the files are saved to the
    C:\Users\<AdministratorUsername> folder or the %userprofiles% folder. If a standard user attempts to access the files from the said folder, by default, it would instantly prompt for the administrator's credentials in order
    to access it.

If you wish to put restrictions on a specific file, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the specific file and choose Properties.
    • Choose Security tab.
    • Click Edit.
    • Choose Add.
    • Type the username, click Check Name and then, hit
      OK.
    • You can now manage the restrictions for the user profile, under Permissions for <username>.
    If you wanted to set a restriction on the Local Drive, follow these steps:

• Double-click This PC.
    • Right-click on Local Disk (Csecure file from standard user :).
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Security tab.
    • Click Edit.
    • Choose Add.
    • Type the username, click Check Name and then, hit OK.
    • Set the level of restriction for the said drive.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

secure file from standard user

1. secure file from standard user - Similar Threads - secure file standard

2. Admin User duplicating files from Standard User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin User duplicating files from Standard User: Hi all, I recently logged in into the Admin User on my PC and while cleaning some stuff up I noticed that C:\Users\admin\Documents had certain folders corresponding to my Standard User account. I checked these folders inside and they have the same files! For example, the...
  3. Standard users missing from login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Standard users missing from login screen: Since a system update to build 19042.906 earlier this week, only the administrator user is shown on the login screen. Windows 10 Home Reported fixes don't work. Adding new users doesn't help. Unupdated laptop works OK Can you advise. Thanks...
  4. Standard Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Standard Security: Sirs, Why am I told 'Standard hardware security not supported' in Settings, even though I have 20H2 installed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-security/bd5740f4-113e-4f23-bc99-d48f61a81c13
  5. Urgent - Standard User Security issue

Urgent - Standard User Security issue: Let me explain... This is a medical facility and we have 10 computers for the adolescent patients to do school work. I just reinstalled each computer from scratch to install windows 10 pro. i put all their programs and security we use to monitor them because they like to...
  6. standard user

in Windows 10 Customization
    standard user: see attachments. when i view my account settings i see that i'm an administrator, but when use control panel/user accounts/change your account type, it seems to think i am already a standard user. the way UAC acts, it seems to think i am an administrator. which is...
  7. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  8. Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocking Standard user from changing file type associations: Is there a way to block standard users from changing file type associations when asked? in GPO or what ever way 149207
  9. Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?

Is a standard user account necessary for tight security and home user?: Is a standard user account really necessary for tight security for the home user or will a well secured administrator account be sufficient? 64477
  10. Merging .reg files as standard user

in Windows 10 Support
    Merging .reg files as standard user: I want to add run as admin to the context menu to be able to merge a couple of .reg files into the registry when i right click on them, i downloaded Brinks 2 reg files to do this but they require admin privleges *Mad and run as admin does not show up in the context menu when...