Windows 10: secure folder

Discus and support secure folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; all of my apps in secure folder have a blue folder with a white arrow overlaying them what does that mean ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dongehman, Sep 7, 2020.

1. dongehman Win User

secure folder

all of my apps in secure folder have a blue folder with a white arrow overlaying them what does that mean ?

:)

dongehman, Sep 7, 2020
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows folder security.

Is there a way to disable ALL windows security on folders? I'm using Windows 7 and trying to replace some system files that may be currupt and I get the "You need permission..." bitching from Windows. I know I can take ownership of the folder through the security tab but it's getting REALLY old having to do this for each and every file and folder I'm trying to overwrite. *Bang Head :banghead:

I'm the administrator for christ sake. If I want to open my drive and take a crap in it, do I need permission from Microsoft?

Lazzer408, Sep 7, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Sep 7, 2020
  4. enso Win User

secure folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

secure folder

1. secure folder - Similar Threads - secure folder

2. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  3. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder: Hi I was messing with the advanced security setting for WindowApps folder in my company laptop and wish to revert the owner back to "Unable to display current owner" which is the default setting see screenshot 1. Currently it is "SYSTEM" see screenshot 2. Thank you.For some...
  4. Revert owner in advanced security setting for folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  6. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  7. Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?: I recently noticed often app-crashes and decided to check the tasks running when I fell onto some suspicious files including many users in folder properties>security. Is this a possible trojan virus sign?...
  8. Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?

Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?: I recently noticed often app-crashes and decided to check the tasks running when I fell onto some suspicious files including many users in folder properties>security. Is this a possible trojan virus sign?...
  9. Is it normal for folder security users to be that many?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failing at Privacy & security Searching Windows > Exclude folders from enhanced search: Hi,I'm trying to remove folders from the "Exclude folders from enhanced search" and its all the time closes the window and crashes.I checked the event viewer and noticed the failure but don't know how to figure it out....