Windows 10: Secure PDF attachment missing in Mail App. Why?

Discus and support Secure PDF attachment missing in Mail App. Why? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have received an email with secured encrypted PDF attachment. I can see that correctly in every other client web GMail, Outlook, Outlook for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by deejeekaa, Jan 16, 2020.

1. deejeekaa Win User

Secure PDF attachment missing in Mail App. Why?

I have received an email with secured encrypted PDF attachment.

I can see that correctly in every other client web GMail, Outlook, Outlook for Android, only Windows Mail app doesn't show the attachment nor any error. This is very confusing!! The app makes me believe there is no attachment, which is absolutely wrong.

What should I do to fix this? Is is feature missing from the Mail app or just some kind of weird setting?

Thanks!

:)

deejeekaa, Jan 16, 2020
  2. birdtims Win User

Windows 10 Mail App, Gmail and Pdf Attachments

Emails sent with Pdf attachments do not appear with the pdf attachment in the Windows 10 mail app. the email shows but the attachment is missing. This happens for every email picked up from gmail with the default gmail account type and also manual configuration
    of a gmail account. Is this a known issue? Is there anywhere to see a list of bugs for the Mail app?

birdtims, Jan 16, 2020
  3. MrDougSS Win User
    Windows 10 Mail and missing PDF attachments

Hi Pavan

I am trying to use the Mail app.

I have just run the troubleshooter and everything is fine.

There are also no updates available.

Having checked it would appear that it is not just pdf attachments it looks like certain word formatted tables for certain. Other than that it is hard to tell as I only made the change yesterday and I have to keep double checking my mail using my iphone
    just to see if I am missing anything.

MrDougSS, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Mail and missing PDF attachments

Hi Doug,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• When you say 'Windows mail' are you referring to Windows live mail or Mail app?
    • Are you able to get other attachments Word or Excel?

If you are using Mail app follow the steps below.

Run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know if you are able to get PDF attachments. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Secure PDF attachment missing in Mail App. Why? - Similar Threads - Secure PDF attachment

2. Mail App and attachments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail App and attachments: Hi! Earlier this year I started using the windows 10 mail app, but after an update I stopped receiving with my email the respective attachments and ,as a result, I quit using the app. Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has already released an update or is the problem still...
  3. June 2020 and Windows 10 Mail App still not showing PDF attachments

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    June 2020 and Windows 10 Mail App still not showing PDF attachments: I was told to pay more and get an Apple computer but no, I had to go with Windows 10. I will avoid Microsoft software at all costs, but hopefully at least the operating system will work. Since Windows 10 Mail is so buggy STILL doesn't show PDF attachment in my imported...
  4. viewing attachments in Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    viewing attachments in Mail App: I am unable to view any attachments in Mail. When I click on the email, for a half a second, it shows a link to view all attachments, but then it disappears, and there is nothing that even shows an attachment is even there. I have checked every setting I can find,...
  5. Attachments Unavailable in Mail App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attachments Unavailable in Mail App: I don’t receive attachments for any of my email accoutns in the Mail app, although I know the attachments exist because I can access them on other devices. Microsofts automated support system hasn’t been helpful and all I can find on the issue are others with the same problem...
  6. Mail app won't show pdf attachments

Mail app won't show pdf attachments: This is a well-document issue going back several years at least, but I can't find a solution for it. The Mail app doesn't show pdf attachments. They were sent from my phone using Gmail and they show up in the sent folder there, but in the Mail app on my PC there is no sign...
  7. Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App: I used the Mail App for my gmail account and cannot open any PDF attachments. I am able to any other documents word, excel, etc.. but not PDF. When I try to open the PDF attachment, it is asking me to save first on my desktop and then open it from my desktop. I have...
  8. Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 mail pdf attachment problems.: There are few pdf attachments in one of my emails. They are visible on phone but not in the Mail for Windows 10. Looking on various forums this is not a new problem what is happening. I have tried some of the so called fixes suggested by your so called engineers but to no...
  9. Mail App attachments not showing

Mail App attachments not showing: Good morning, I'm an IT expert and I am struggling to solve this problem with windows 10 mail app. Windows 10 and Mail App are up to date with the latest updates. Some attachments are downloaded and are shown with the paperclip icon but other are missing... I can see them...
  10. Windows Live Mail missing attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail missing attachment: I am now running Windows 10 with Windows Live Mail. One of my contacts sent me an email with an attachment (docx) but the attachment did not appear in WLM. It was there on webmail (Virginmedia) and when I forwarded it from there to myself it came through on WLM. Other mail...