Windows 10: Secure Sites Very Slow

Discus and support Secure Sites Very Slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Secure websites are performing very slowly. All my banking and any other Https sites. slow on both Edge and Chrome. Dont believe issue is local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quinbus, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Quinbus Win User

Secure Sites Very Slow

Secure websites are performing very slowly. All my banking and any other Https sites. slow on both Edge and Chrome. Dont believe issue is local network. CPU usage remains low. sites either fail to respond or take many minutes to resolve. Could Windows10 updates be causing this slowdown. it just looks like some process somewhere is getting in the way of normal performance. Really noticed this starting in the last 2 weeks.

:)

Quinbus, Jan 27, 2020
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Site not secure

We would suggest following the steps below for us to check if the issue that you're experiencing is related to the browser's certificate:

• Open your Internet Explorer and click the gear
      icon on the upper right side of the page.
    • Select Internet Options and click the Advanced
      tab.
    • Under Settings, look for Security.
    • Remove the check marks on Check for publisher's certificate revocation,
      Check for server certificate revocation and Check for signatures on downloaded programs.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 27, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Secure Sites Very Slow

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Secure Sites Very Slow

1. Secure Sites Very Slow - Similar Threads - Secure Sites Very

2. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  3. not secure site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not secure site: i cant get into certain sites that i need to visit because they go with a game i play, please actually help me get passed this last time i asked for help they just said contact the web site maker. i just need to get into it. other people are saying their getting into it fine...
  4. not secure site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not secure site: i cant get into certain sites that i need to visit because they go with a game i play, please actually help me get passed this last time i asked for help they just said contact the web site maker. i just need to get into it. other people are saying their getting into it fine...
  5. microsoft site very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft site very slow: i cant open my microsoft site, it loads for long time saying trying to connect to mem.gfs.mshelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-site-very-slow/aac9c4b1-42a9-4df1-be78-60b14f997c20
  6. microsoft site very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft site very slow: i cant open my microsoft site, it loads for long time saying trying to connect to mem.gfs.mshelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-site-very-slow/aac9c4b1-42a9-4df1-be78-60b14f997c20
  7. microsoft site very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Site is not secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site is not secure: I know this is a broad question with many solutions to which I have tried a lot. I am attempting to access army websites which require certain security certificates. I have gone about this with the help of forums I have used before and had no problems in the past with. I...
  9. Connection to Site is Very Very Slow / has any one experienced this?

Connection to Site is Very Very Slow / has any one experienced this?: The last 2 hours or so it has been very hard to connect to the site has any one experienced this ? 146033
  10. secure site

secure site: Hello everyone keep getting this message on some sites, can anyone help [img] 94417