Windows 10: secure variable update is locked down

Discus and support secure variable update is locked down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What are the precise steps to resolve: secure variable update is locked down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yalani, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Yalani Win User

secure variable update is locked down

What are the precise steps to resolve: secure variable update is locked down

:)

Yalani, Jan 22, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

System environment variable won't stick

Running Win10 Home on an Acer Spin 3, 64bit, i7cpu. I try to add a path to the system environment variables by:

1. Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Environment variables

2. The "Environment Variables" window opens.
    3. In the "System Variables" pane I select "Path" and click the EDIT button.
    4. A list of the current system paths is displayed.
    5. I click the NEW button, browse to the path I want to add which is "C:\Python36-32" and click OK. The path "C:\Python36-32" is added to the list of current system paths.
    6. I click OK and am returned to the "Environment Variables" window.
    7. I click the "X" at the top right to close the "Environment Variables" window.

Now if I click the "Environment Variables" button again (end of step-1) and repeat steps 2-4, the new path I added in step-5 is gone. IOW, adding a new path won't stick.

What am I doing wrong?

3. no longer able to set User's environment variables in control panel

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are not able to work on the Environment Variables in Windows 10 after the latest update to build 10586.3.

The path to access the Environment variables in Windows would be:

Control panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> Advanced -> Environment variables.

However, if the above is still in place, but however, you still face functionality issue, I would suggest you to rollback to the previous build and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Start and select Settings and then choose Update & security.
    • Then click on ‘Recovery Options’.
    • Click on the ‘Get started’ button in the ‘Go back to a previous build of Windows’ option to start the recovery process.
    Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write t us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 22, 2019
  4. secure variable update is locked down

Searching environment variable in list

I'm using a command that gives me a list of environment variables. When searching in the list, I want to find all environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL; using the following command all that is occurring is all the environment variables are being listed instead of those environment variables with the word
    EXTERNAL ?

findstr /c "EXTERNAL"

StraightWorld, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

secure variable update is locked down

1. secure variable update is locked down - Similar Threads - secure variable update

2. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  3. Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PATH is on the User Variables, or System Variable?: Hello, I have a problem with my PATH variable in my Windows 8.1 computer.1. Where it all starts:I installed SQLite on my computer, and then i want to test it from Command Prompt with this command:sqlite3 test.dbBut the output is:'sqlite3' is not recognized as an internal or...
  4. Lock down screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock down screen: So for my commuter I wanted to have a badass lock down screen with my own custom pictures that I put into a folder in the pictures section. For some reason I took some lame pictures about a year ago not even putting them in the lock screen thing and for some messed up reason...
  5. regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable

in Windows 10 Customization
    regarding path variable of user variable of environment variable: please help me fast, I accidentally deleted path variable of user variable ..... I want to restore it. the real situation is I cannot run android studio project and it shows error - " unable to start daemon process............This problem might be caused by incorrect...
  6. lock down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lock down: When I am in the process of filling in a form with my name and my email address, the display disappears on the screen and it goes back to the start screen. What is happening and how can it be changed?...
  7. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  8. Lock Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Down: Help, We are using Windows 10 Pro. I need to 'lock down' a laptop to use only one application installed on the harddrive of the laptop. I cannot use kiosk mode because it only works for a website (as far as I can tell). Does anyone have any ideas for me? We used to use...
  9. tablet lock down!

in Windows 10 Support
    tablet lock down!: Hello, I've purchased a tablet for our company. I only want it to serve pdf's from our networked drive (wifi connection to server)via adobe touch(pdf reader). I need the internet disabled and all other apps restricted. Is this possible to do within winodws settings or...
  10. System Lock Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Lock Down: Does anyone know if it's possible to lock down Windows 10 Home to not allow anything to run without permission from the user? If so, my thought is that this would be an effective way to prevent any kind of malware/virus/etc. from doing any damage...thoughts? 85802

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secure variable update is locked down

2. secure variable update locked down

3. secure variable update

4. secure variable update lock down,
  5. asud Secure variable update is locked down,
  6. secure variable update is locked,
  7. secure variable,
  8. secure varable update is locked down