Windows 10: Secure way of VNC server open to internet?

Discus and support Secure way of VNC server open to internet? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my father calls me a lot asking for help with his computer, and he seems to never remember how to do stuff. I’ve done facetime for a while now but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cruteal, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Secure way of VNC server open to internet?

So my father calls me a lot asking for help with his computer, and he seems to never remember how to do stuff.

I’ve done facetime for a while now but he 80% films the rug instead of the computer and I’m starting to get tired of this... it takes so much time trying to tell him what to do.

So what is the safest way to open up VNC server to the internet from his computer? I thought about RDP but I would like him to see what I do and teach at the same time.

I understand to have a strong password and change the default ports but I’ve read about ssh tunneling etc and I don’t really know how that works. (I’ve used ssh to get into my rpi, but thats it).

Any tips is appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/Cruteal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cruteal, Sep 22, 2020

2. VNC Server to Share Single Window?

I need to share a window on my Windows 10 PC via VNC (to an Android device). UltraVNC says it can share a single window, but I can't get their VNC server to do this, only the entire Desktop.

Any suggestions for VNC servers that can share a single window?

[Reference to Android removed as not significant, and seemed to confuse]

nigelmercier, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Best VNC Server for Windows 10?

Any thoughts on the best VNC Server for Windows 10?

nigelmercier, Sep 22, 2020
  4. SUB
    SuB Win User

Secure way of VNC server open to internet?

Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

Thema:

Secure way of VNC server open to internet?

1. Secure way of VNC server open to internet? - Similar Threads - Secure VNC server

2. Security Of Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Of Server: Dear Friends,Please I have a windows server 2019 Standard and I shared files which others can access through the network but I want this server to always ask for credentials each time anyone wants to access the shared file, please how do I do this.ThanksErnest...
  3. Security Of Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Of Server: Dear Friends,Please I have a windows server 2019 Standard and I shared files which others can access through the network but I want this server to always ask for credentials each time anyone wants to access the shared file, please how do I do this.ThanksErnest...
  4. No Internet, secured, but in a strange way

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet, secured, but in a strange way: I've experienced this so many times and the solution is just to reconnect, but recently Windows just constantly shows the same message; things goes a lot different when it shows "No internet, connected" when I still have connection to the Internet; I still can access website...
  5. VNC with laptop lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    VNC with laptop lid closed: I use a VNC service to remotely manage hundreds laptops that are stored in a HP laptop cart so they will charge and be connected to ethernet. They are used in a classroom environment and perform required support functions between classes and at night. We recently upgraded...
  6. Open SSH server and security concern.

in Windows 10 Support
    Open SSH server and security concern.: Hi Guys as under W10-1903 you can enable optional feature called OpenSSH Server i gave it a try. I managed generate login keys and properly configure both devices so i would not have to use passwords, exactly the same way as i do on my Linux boxes. The one thing i cannot...
  7. VNC on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    VNC on Win 10: VNC is -very- important to me, and this question is really about VNC. I am a hobbyist and have 9 Windows PC's at home. A mix of laptops and desktops. VNC works perfectly on the Win 7 machines. I am in the process of moving everything from Win 7 to Win 10. The first...
  8. Best VNC Server for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best VNC Server for Windows 10?: Any thoughts on the best VNC Server for Windows 10? 27870
  9. VNC Server to Share Single Window?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VNC Server to Share Single Window?: I need to share a window on my Windows 10 PC via VNC (to an Android device). UltraVNC says it can share a single window, but I can't get their VNC server to do this, only the entire Desktop. Any suggestions for VNC servers that can share a single window? [Reference to...
  10. GPO or windows registry a way to keep the ICONE vnc fixed

in Windows 10 Support
    GPO or windows registry a way to keep the ICONE vnc fixed: Good afternoon. I'm from Brazil. I need to create a GPO or windows registry a way to keep the ICONE vnc fixed in the notification bar . Is there a way to do this by own windows system as previously posted . But as users use the AD each User to log in your have to make this...