Windows 10: secured connections.

Discus and support secured connections. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of secured connections. They all have strange names. Where do they come from?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaleMcdonald2, Nov 18, 2018.

1. secured connections.

I have a lot of secured connections. They all have strange names. Where do they come from?

:)

DaleMcdonald2, Nov 18, 2018
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 18, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 18, 2018
  4. secured connections.

Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

secured connections.

1. secured connections. - Similar Threads - secured connections

2. my pc security tells me an app is trying to connect with Google and blocks it. I cannot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc security tells me an app is trying to connect with Google and blocks it. I cannot...: My pc is generating a connection from an unknown app that tries to connect to google. I can find no google app on my pc. How can I identify the app and get rid of it? This is not associated with mail but there is no option shown below under "windows topics"...
  3. Why my wifi internet status changes to no internet, secured when I connect VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why my wifi internet status changes to no internet, secured when I connect VPN?: Why my WiFi internet status changes to no internet, secured when I connect VPN? [ATTACH] Second my WiFi icon changes to LAN connection icon, is that normal? What does it happen? [ATTACH] Just trying to understand this behavior of Windows...
  4. Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe...

Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe...: Can’t connect securely to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner. Try this: I am having trouble with this error all the time and none of the usual suggestions are...
  5. Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10

Can't Connect a Network After Changed Security Settings WPA to WPA2 Win10: I connected an semi-publicits an shop's wifi network a few hours ago. When i was using internet, Win10 gave me an notification as "this network is not safe". After this notification, i googled "how can increase network security". An web page said, the source of this problem...
  6. Norton Secure VPN failing to connect Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Secure VPN failing to connect Windows 10: Does anyone know a possible solution concerning connectivity of the secure VPN offered by Norton 360 with Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-secure-vpn-failing-to-connect-windows-10/164c9096-ace0-44f5-a47a-4ecf546e14dd
  7. Music Manager - cannot establish a secure connection ....

Music Manager - cannot establish a secure connection ....: Hello Microsoft friends, I'm hoping you might be able to solve this very frustrating issue. I'm trying to transfer songs from itunes to google play music via the music manager app. However, I keep getting - can't establish secure connection error. [ATTACH] I have...
  8. Cant connect securely to this page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant connect securely to this page: I have recently last weeks been unable to access a DOD website for military benefits https://selfservice.rcms.usar.army.mil/education. I have checked all my certificates and they are up to date and I have access to any other DOD website but not this particular one. I would...
  9. how to recognize secured wifi connections in network settings?

how to recognize secured wifi connections in network settings?: How to find out what secured wifi connections in network settings are? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recognize-secured-wifi-connections-in/73b07bd5-d1b1-47e5-a3b5-ffede80e6a03
  10. WiFi connects and secures but no internet for one particular network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connects and secures but no internet for one particular network: It just connects butt I can't get internet access and the troubleshooter is useless as usual, just says "something wrong with your connection". This happens when I try to use my university's campus WiFi so every time I get to campus I have to reset my network settings. All...