Windows 10: Secured local wi-fi network access

Discus and support Secured local wi-fi network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I block my laptop from trying to access secured local wi-fi networks? If I deselect the "connect automatically" box, it is selected the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Denny#, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Denny# Win User

Secured local wi-fi network access

How do I block my laptop from trying to access secured local wi-fi networks? If I deselect the "connect automatically" box, it is selected the next time I check. How do I get these networks to remain deselected? It always connects to my network properly.

:)

Denny#, Dec 13, 2018
  2. lukyluc56 Win User

Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network

I am working on a friend HP All-in-one system that has a Wi-Fi interface. It came with Windows 10 so there has been no upgrade from a previous version of Windows. Some of the System Specification:

HP 23-r119c All-in-One Desktop PC
    Intel Core i3-4170T CPU
    8 GB of memory
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics
    Realtek ALC3228 sound
    Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n fetirung 2.4 Ghz 1 x 1 technology
    (Shows in device manager as a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adaptor)
    1TB Disk drive
    CD/DVD burner drive

Side note I am not sitting at the system now and have no access. I am trying to see if anyone has seen an issue exactly like that. I did lots of research, seen lots of issues reported that are similar but none that fit my exact symptoms. Most fixes reported for issues where a Wi-Fi network is not showing up did not work for me.

So here it is. The connection to the local Wi-Fi router used to work fine. The name of the Wi-Fi network is BELL500. At some point in time the Wi-Fi network BELL500 disappeared. It does not show when I click on the Wi-Fi icon on the task bar. But other Wi-Fi networks do show up. Here is what I have tried so far.

• 1- Using my own laptop I was able to connect to the local Wi-Fi network BELL500 and had access to the Internet. So router and service provider are fine.
    • 2- Downloaded the Wi-Fi adaptor driver from HP and install. To do so I first uninstall the device from the device manager and then ran the installation script I downloaded from HP. The Wi-FI adaptor was created and available network showed up. But the problem persists. Connection is not possible to local Wi-Fi network BELL500 since it is not listed in the available network.
    • 3- Perform and sfc /scannow. There was no problem found. The problem is still there, the Wi-Fi network BELL500 does not show up.
    • 4- Connected to a Wi-Fi network available from the list that had no security. It connected but it is a guest network and needed more credential to continue that I did not have.
    • 5- Enabled my iPhone connection sharing. It showed up on the Wi-Fi list indicated that the service to discover the network also worked fine.
    • 6- Tried to add and configure manually using control panel the BELL500 network. Even tried to use a different name. Did not work, never came up as a possible network to connect.
    • 7- Shutdown the All-in-One system. Powered off/on the Wi-Fi router and waited for connection to work. Rebooted the All-in-One. There is no change for the local Wi-Fi network BELL500 it still did not show up. Other networks do show up.
    • 8- Re-enable my iPhone connection sharing. It appeared on the All-in-One and I made the connection. I was able to get the All-in-One on the internet and it worked fine.

From all that it seems as if the Wi-Fi adaptor on the All-in-One worked fine, the Windows 10 services to discover and make connection to Wi-Fi network work fine and the router also worked fine. But from some weird and unknown reason the local Wi-Fi network BELL500 has disappeared and we are unable to get it back.

I executed a “netsh wlan show all” before and after the reboot. I put the result in 2 files that I have attached. Never saw the BELL500 network. The output are in french. If there is anything you need translated let me know. One thing I found strange on the output is that in the list of SSID there is one with no name. I tried the same command and I never saw an entry like that on my laptop.

One thing I forgot to do while trying to fix the problem was to search the registry to find if the BELL500 is listed anywhere. Is it possible that the Wi-Fi network BELL500 is still present somewhere in the registry, but that the registry entry is in a way that it would not display on the list, be listed with the netsh wlan command, would prevent the network to be rediscover and could not be used. If I found any entries in de registry with the BELL500 network should I delete them? Any idea as to what I should look at or do to try to clear the situation.

Thank you,

Luc

lukyluc56, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Chino Win User
    Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh Delivers Intelligent Wi-Fi Networks

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh , bringing efficient, self-organizing networks that deliver a broad footprint of uniform Wi-Fi service. Built on the promise of Wi-Fi CERTIFIED , Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a standards-based approach to deploying adaptable networks comprised of multiple access points from different vendors, extending uniform Wi-Fi coverage and enhancing performance throughout a larger service area than is possible with a single access point. Wi-Fi EasyMesh allows users and service providers to select interoperable devices across different brands to ensure fast, wide, and reliable Wi-Fi coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh technology coordinates multiple access points into a unified and intelligent Wi-Fi network that autonomously aids all areas of the home to have complete Wi-Fi coverage. Access points organize themselves and establish high-performance Wi-Fi network connectivity with minimal effort required by the user. After the initial simple setup, Wi-Fi EasyMesh monitors network conditions and self-adapts as needed. Wi-Fi EasyMesh guides smartphones, tablets, and other user devices to the optimal access point, enabling a seamless experience, even when moving throughout the home. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks accommodate a greater selection of devices across brands and are also extensible, making it easy for users to introduce new Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points into their network. Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points today will maintain interoperability with future Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, providing an enhanced user experience for years to come.

Secured local wi-fi network access sXh8rRSz2TZA5ZHY_thm.jpg

"Wi-Fi EasyMesh offers both service providers and Wi-Fi users a consistent approach to multiple AP solutions," said Edgar Figueroa, president and CEO of Wi-Fi Alliance. "Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a standardized solution to a market-leading product category enabling a strong ecosystem for interoperable, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED devices."

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is a Wi-Fi Alliance certification program focused on access points. User devices also experience the benefits of Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks, which deliver a consistent level of interoperability between access points and client devices. Other benefits of a Wi-Fi CERTIFIED solution include assurances of Wi-Fi security and accepted protocols, as well as a dependable experience with Wi-Fi EasyMesh setup and management regardless of vendor. Service providers that deploy Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh access points in homes can increase customer satisfaction with their Wi-Fi service. Further, Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks enable customers to seamlessly add an appropriate number of Wi-Fi EasyMesh access points to provide necessary full home coverage.

Wi-Fi EasyMesh is the latest in a growing Wi-Fi Alliance technology portfolio that improves the Wi-Fi user experience. Recently launched Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Home Design can leverage Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks in their Wi-Fi CERTIFIED floor plans as another method to deliver integrated, uniform whole home coverage. Wi-Fi EasyMesh networks utilize mechanisms from Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Agile Multiband , and user devices certified for these capabilities will experience more intelligent steering and faster network transitions for applications such as Wi-Fi calling.

"Wi-Fi Alliance is delivering a fundamental innovation for interoperability which is necessary to enable residential IoT and the connected smart home, and products would benefit greatly from being Wi-Fi CERTIFIED," said Adlane Fellah, wireless analyst, Maravedis. "Wi-Fi EasyMesh delivers a better residential Wi-Fi user experience and a standardized approach further expands an existing market and drives greater innovation among product vendors."

For more information on Wi-Fi EasyMesh, please visit: Wi-Fi EasyMesh | Wi-Fi Alliance.

Chino, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security

Read more: Wi-Fi Alliance introduces Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WPA3 security | Wi-Fi Alliance

See also:

Brink, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Secured local wi-fi network access - Similar Threads - Secured local network

2. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  3. Network-Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network-Wi-Fi: I need help with my asus gaming laptop a friend of mine gave it too me and he was able to use it just perfectly fine and run games and look things up but since I got it I can connect to the Wi-Fi but I can’t not look up anything on the browser and I don’t know what to do at...
  4. Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wi-Fi network not secure in windows 10: wi- fi not secure in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-network-not-secure-in-windows-10/90281db5-8e4f-4053-b8cd-12dc2ea89f47
  5. Wi – Fi Network Security

Wi – Fi Network Security: With the latest Windows update just prior to 09/07/2020 of course they had to change up where to find how to locate your wireless network password. Could you let us know how to do it now?...
  6. Wi-Fi network not secure

Wi-Fi network not secure: how do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-network-not-secure/8e566085-6577-435c-b7ae-ad540d7b8bf9
  7. Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10?: every time i connect to my wifi i get an error saying "Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10" from what i've read online it tells me to change my router settings to WPA2-PSK but its already set to that it has been working fine all day then suddenly at midnight my computer...
  8. Wi-fi Security

Wi-fi Security: I am using a laptop to connect to my mobile hotspot. Both the devices use a VPN, and always have. It is currently showing a tiny monitor that says, "unidentified network", however, I do have a working wi-fi connection. Whereas, before the icon was showing the radiating curved...
  9. Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Like any other protocols, WiFi network security protocols get older. If you connect to a WiFi network and receive a message saying – Wi-Fi network not secure in Windows 10, it means security used by the WiFi network is a [...] This post Wi-Fi network not...
  10. Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network: I am working on a friend HP All-in-one system that has a Wi-Fi interface. It came with Windows 10 so there has been no upgrade from a previous version of Windows. Some of the System Specification: HP 23-r119c All-in-One Desktop PC Intel Core i3-4170T CPU 8 GB of memory...