Windows 10: Security Advices

Discus and support Security Advices in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I suspect that I was getting hackers attack. So I'm looking for some Advices to improve my security. Thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LarryBolson, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Security Advices

Hello, I suspect that I was getting hackers attack. So I'm looking for some Advices to improve my security. Thanks

:)

LarryBolson, Jan 24, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jan 24, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Jan 24, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

Security Advices

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

Security Advices

1. Security Advices - Similar Threads - Security Advices

2. There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There a security message claiming to be Microsoft and they are saying ip address has a virus: There is a voice saying that call Microsoft because my ip address is exposed * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-a-security-message-claiming-to-be-microsoft/3bfd5971-3fdc-4773-ac48-c176dd4f39a1
  3. Windows security not responding. Followed advice in help and shut down 3 times. Now my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security not responding. Followed advice in help and shut down 3 times. Now my...: Asus laptop windows 11 security locked up. Followed directions and did a restart 3 times, now computer is locked up. Black screen and can’t restart Clarification, forced restart...
  4. Windows security not responding. Followed advice in help and shut down 3 times. Now my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security not responding. Followed advice in help and shut down 3 times. Now my...: Asus laptop windows 11 security locked up. Followed directions and did a restart 3 times, now computer is locked up. Black screen and can’t restart Clarification, forced restart...
  5. Would like your advice on how to secure my Microsoft/hotmail account from HACKERS. Thanks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would like your advice on how to secure my Microsoft/hotmail account from HACKERS. Thanks...: I sent you a previous message with the HACKER's EMAIL copied there. Thanks for your kind assistance in making sure Microsoft accounts are secured from these hackers....
  6. Would like your advice on how to secure my Microsoft/hotmail account from HACKERS. Thanks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would like your advice on how to secure my Microsoft/hotmail account from HACKERS. Thanks...: I sent you a previous message with the HACKER's EMAIL copied there. Thanks for your kind assistance in making sure Microsoft accounts are secured from these hackers....
  7. Would like your advice on how to secure my Microsoft/hotmail account from HACKERS. Thanks...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Yubikey and Windows 10 Security: Risk vs Usability Advice Needed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Yubikey and Windows 10 Security: Risk vs Usability Advice Needed: I have two Yubikey 5 NFC keys. I have set up Windows login to use the Yubikey as a 2nd factor for login to my desktop pc. I also have my system and data drives encrypted with bitlocker. My PC is equipped with TPM. From a usability standpoint I prefer to have the disks...
  9. Can someone please give me advice on the security aspects of using the Duplicate...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone please give me advice on the security aspects of using the Duplicate...: Can someone please give me advice on the security aspects of using the Duplicate File/Folder management app 'Duplicate File Deleter' by Paretologic, Inc ?...
  10. Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .

in Windows 10 Support
    Request advice in fixing a security error in Windows 10 .: Hello Everyone, I tried to follow the instructions of this guide >> (How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10: >> How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10 ) I went through all the steps, but when I got to (step #9) where it says "open the “Select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security advices

2. The security company for advices