Windows 10: Security alert I received

Discus and support Security alert I received in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoseCastel, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Security alert I received

My personal laptop computer suddenly gave me an alert saying my computer was compromised by a Russian malware Trojan horse. I called the number they gave. They wanted to sell me security software. Is it a scam?

:)

JoseCastel, Apr 22, 2019
  2. RaminSafa Win User

Security Alert Verification

I am trying to verify a security alert I have been receiving suggesting to call 866-288-3170 about a possible compromise of my system and devices. The internet security code mentioned is 055BCCAC9FEC. I have not called as I am not sure if this is a legitimate
    site or a scam. Any input or similar case?

RaminSafa, Apr 22, 2019
  3. pop-ups security alerts

Tried everything that was suggested . Still getting security alerts ( even while reading the e-mail from this issue .Also .when I tried to enter command prompt as was suggested on this .
    • Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type cd/.
    • Press Enter.
    • Type "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff.
    • Press Enter.
    • This did not go through .I forget the answer it gave ?
    • But nothing happened to change the fact I get security alerts ( in all I.E 11 , yahoo.ca.com/ my home page & Facebook ) in fact on any page I open .So annoying .I click esc, it stops and comes right back on my screen .Also tried the internet
      settings suggested on tools .Dated Aug,20.2017. Thank you .

leonormarie, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Security alert I received

Outlook sync fails after receiving SharePoint list alerts

When I receive an alert email generated by an event in a SharePoint 2007 list, subsequent Outlook synchronisations fail with an error message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Outlook on the WP7, hit sync and ensure email is described as up-to-date.

2. Navigate to a SharePoint 2007 list and select the Alert Me option from the Actions menu. Set up an alert to be sent to your email account.

3. Make a change to an item in the list and await the event notification to be sent and then to sync to the phone.

4. Once arrived, hit the Synchronise option on the WP7 menu. The email sync will fail with an error message. No further emails will be received.

5. Tap the alert email in the Outlook list and delete the alert email.

6. Hit the synchronise option and observe that the synchronisation succeeds.

This behaviour observed on Samsumg Omnia 7 and HTC Mozart, running retail versions of the software. Carrier - Orange UK.

Richard Garner

Rik Garner, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Security alert I received

1. Security alert I received - Similar Threads - Security alert received

2. I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?: I received a legitimate Microsoft email for an account I never made. It doesn’t show me the entire supposed email associated with the account that someone accessed. I logged into my main account using the email that the security alert went to and it did not show suspicious...
  3. I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?: I received a legitimate Microsoft email for an account I never made. It doesn’t show me the entire supposed email associated with the account that someone accessed. I logged into my main account using the email that the security alert went to and it did not show suspicious...
  4. I received a security alert for an account I don’t have. Is this spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I received windows defender security centre alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received windows defender security centre alert: Need immediate help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-windows-defender-security-centre-alert/ac1b4513-7b67-4bd2-9759-d4163223502c
  6. I received windows defender security centre alert

I received windows defender security centre alert: Need immediate help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-windows-defender-security-centre-alert/ac1b4513-7b67-4bd2-9759-d4163223502c
  7. security alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  8. security alert

security alert: today i received a security alert about a recent sign in that might have been suspicious.the date was from June 2021 so what are you talking about? I don't consider that recent, do you. There's nowhere to answer the alert, of course. Am I supposed to remember June 5 2021?...
  9. Security Alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47453
  10. Security Alert

in Windows 10 News
    Security Alert: Windows Security Alert. Apple Ends Support for QuickTime for Windows; New Vulnerabilities Announced Urgent Call to Action: Uninstall QuickTime for Windows Today - 47451