Windows 10: Security and a bitlocker

Discus and support Security and a bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Somehow or another I am not the administrator in my own computer I cannot run bit locker and it says I require additional authentication at start up... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NRUURHAHN, Mar 14, 2019.

1. NRUURHAHN Win User

Security and a bitlocker

Somehow or another I am not the administrator in my own computer I cannot run bit locker and it says I require additional authentication at start up says this device cannot use a trusted platform module your admin must set to allow bit locker without compatible TPM how do I become the administrator of my computer and run bitlocker

:)

NRUURHAHN, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 14, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

Security and a bitlocker

BitLocker Security concerns

They should both be as secure as the USB stick you keep them on. The BEK (startup key) file is encrypted (so you can't see the contents) and also works straight away and the TXT (recovery key) file is easily readable but requires extra steps when needing to recover a bitlocked drive. But having said I would keep both of them.

Maybe the following will help you:

Bitlocker Recovery Key and .Bek File

das10, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Security and a bitlocker

1. Security and a bitlocker - Similar Threads - Security bitlocker

2. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  3. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  4. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have a BitLocker API warning related to Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a BitLocker API warning related to Secure Boot: For the past few months I have been having occasional problems with booting up my computer. Sometimes I will open my laptop for the first time that day, and be greeted with a blue "BitLocker Recovery" screen asking for my recovery key. A few days ago when I opened my laptop,...
  6. I have a BitLocker API warning related to Secure Boot

I have a BitLocker API warning related to Secure Boot: For the past few months I have been having occasional problems with booting up my computer. Sometimes I will open my laptop for the first time that day, and be greeted with a blue "BitLocker Recovery" screen asking for my recovery key. A few days ago when I opened my laptop,...
  7. After an update it keeps asking for the bitlocker security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update it keeps asking for the bitlocker security key: I've tried all the options possible, and need help urgently please. Since the update I need to insert the Bitlocker Security key with each start up....
  8. After an update it keeps asking for the bitlocker security key

After an update it keeps asking for the bitlocker security key: I've tried all the options possible, and need help urgently please. Since the update I need to insert the Bitlocker Security key with each start up....
  9. [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section: This issue was previously mentioned in this thread, however the provided response was not an answer to the question being asked.There is a clear security issue regarding BitLocker drives. After locking the drive via: manage-bde -lock -ForceDismount x:the file names and...
  10. [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section

[SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section: This issue was previously mentioned in this thread, however the provided response was not an answer to the question being asked.There is a clear security issue regarding BitLocker drives. After locking the drive via: manage-bde -lock -ForceDismount x:the file names and...