Windows 10: "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall"

Discus and support "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I am running Windows 10 on desktop Dell system. Last week, I started having problems with Thunderbird not auto downloading new messages from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by daniel4ever, Sep 17, 2018.

1. "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall"

Hello. I am running Windows 10 on desktop Dell system. Last week, I started having problems with Thunderbird not auto downloading new messages from Gmail. Someone advised me to restart my computer in Safe Mode and see if that fixed the problem, because he suspected is was a anti-virus or firewall problem.

Yesterday I put the computer in Safe Mode, which was literally the worst move of my life. My computer is now dead in the water. I was able to figure out how escape Safe Mode, but it appears everything is tuned off. I have no networking capability, and worst of all, I am unable to use the restore function of the computer. It gives me a numerical error that really is the most useless piece of information I have ever had the displeasure to receive. It tells me turn on the firewall, and when I try it says it cannot turn it on, to try manually. When I try manually, it fails but with no error message. I just does NOTHING.

I have the computer unplugged from the internet since it is unprotected. It looks to me - and I am by no means an expert - that perhaps everything was disabled when I was in Safe Mode and things are still disabled despite being in normal mode now. It is very disturbing that there are no set points to restore to - nothing, nada, zilch! I really do not want to use the nuclear option and reinstall Windows 10.

I have been searching online for possible solutions and so far the ones that look promising have instructions that do not work or do not bring up the screens described in the "solutions."

Please, is there anyone that can help me?

:)

daniel4ever, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Windows Firewall security alert keeps popping up.

Hello,

Windows Firewall plays an important part in helping to protect your computer against virus and security threats. Your concern is cause by a conflicting changes in your security settings. However we suggest that you turn off Security messages for Network
    firewall temporarily to check if the issue persists. Follow these steps:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel.
    • Choose System and Security > Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left side, click Change Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck the box on the left side of Network firewall.
    • Restart your computer.

After an hour, enable Network firewall again. We also recommend that you use another browser and check if the issue persists.

Note: If you disable Windows Firewall for a long period of time, your computer will be more vulnerable to unauthorized access to your network.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Windows 10 Creator's Update and Windows Firewall

Hello,

We suggest contacting your contacting your Local Network Admin to help you in making sure that your Firewall stays turned off since that you are under a network or domain.

You can make Windows 10 stop notifying you that the Firewall is turned off by following these steps:

• Click Start or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left-side of the window, click Security and Maintenance settings.
    • Uncheck Network firewall.

NOTE: Please remember that turning off the Firewall has its risks and is highly advised that you turn it on. Follow this
      article for more information what a Firewall is and what it can do.

Let us know if there's anything else you need of help.

Ian Ser, Sep 17, 2018
  4. "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall"

Security and Maintenance

I have a problem with security and maintenance in windows 10. It says both my firewall and antivirus are turned off, tried turning it on but nothing happened.

HJ Orines Osias, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

"Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall"

1. "Security and Maintenance cannot turn on Windows Firewall" - Similar Threads - Security Maintenance cannot

2. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.: Hello, recently i noticed i wasn’t getting any notifications from windows defender even though i set it to sent me notifications in windows defender, i went to notifications and actions, when i attempt to turn it on, it switches back off automatic for no reason, please help...
  3. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.: Hello, recently i noticed i wasn’t getting any notifications from windows defender even though i set it to sent me notifications in windows defender, i went to notifications and actions, when i attempt to turn it on, it switches back off automatic for no reason, please help...
  4. Cannot turn on security and maintenance’s in notifications and actions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall

turn off windows security, anti virus and firewall: cannot import app, laplink, whilst defender and firewall is active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-security-anti-virus-and-firewall/c887e70b-a733-4a30-a0f2-b91a6eb05e2e
  6. Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall

Cannot Turn on Windows Defender Firewall: Happy New Year, Re: Windows Defender Firewall, Windows 10, Dell Desktop This evening I noticed the Windows Defender icon had a red X. I tried to open the Security Dashboard but nothing happened. I then opened Windows Security but it was completely blank. Firewall &...
  7. Security and Maintenance settings

Security and Maintenance settings: I am unable to activate real time protection in Windows Defender. I was advised to uncheck Spyware and unwanted software protection In change security and maintenance settings. The box is checked but it is grayed out so I an unable to uncheck it....
  8. Security & Maintenance notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security & Maintenance notifications: I keep receiving a notification from Security & Maintenance that my file drive was turned off for too long. How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-maintenance-notifications/32132747-3fff-49b7-8cd9-e2c27873d5c3
  9. security/maintenance software

security/maintenance software: I have deleted security/maintenance software off my computer, but there is still some residuals of the software that are interfering with the computers operation. I have searched for the bits that are causing the problem but they will not reveal themselves. How can I find...
  10. Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Security and Maintenance Messages in Windows 10 By default, Windows will automatically check for security and maintenance problems and send you a message (notification) if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security and maintenance cant turn on windows firewall

2. cannot turn on kaspersky in security and maintenance

3. security and maintenance cannot turn on firewall

4. cannot turn on windows firewall,
  5. security and maintenance cant turn on,
  6. security and windows can not turn on problem,
  7. security maintenance cant turn on windows firewall,
  8. security and maintenance cannot turn on windows firewall,
  9. security and maintenance cant turn on firewall,
  10. security and maintenance cannot turn in windows firewall,
  11. how to resolve security and maintenance cant turn on windows firewall error,
  12. security and maintenance can not turn on firewall,
  13. windows 10 security and maintenance cant turn on windows firewall,
  14. security and maintenance cant turn firewall on,
  15. security and maintenance cannot run on windows firewalll