Security and Maintenance is somehow included in Devices and Drives

Discus and support Security and Maintenance is somehow included in Devices and Drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 and so far I've been enjoying it, but somehow "Security and Maintenance" just appeared in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NotShige, Jun 10, 2018.

1. NotShige Win User

Hello everyone. I recently just reinstalled Windows 10 and so far I've been enjoying it, but somehow "Security and Maintenance" just appeared in Devices and Drives in File Explorer, and it's been annoying me. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

:)

NotShige, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Raman Singh [Insider] Win User

Security and Maintenance

Hello Joseph,

Try to Search Action Center in Start Search Box and then Security and Maintenance Open.

Look for Change Security and Maintenance Settings on Left Hand Side

After Selecting option Mark Check and Uncheck for Security and Maintenance and Click Ok

Raman Singh [Insider], Jun 10, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Security and Maintenance error. windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Security and Maintenance is somehow included in Devices and Drives - Similar Threads - Security Maintenance somehow

2. security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security: I keep getting calls from PC experts. Are they recognized by Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/security/9ac7f021-1291-4722-95b7-0f61c1654e78"
  3. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098: The laptop of my girlfriend froze when we tried to move a big chunk of pictures from a phone to the laptop. After a restart it didnt load up windows 10 anymore. The laptop only shows the "Boot Menu" and gives the option to pick between two PCI LANs. We tried repairing the...
  4. DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive won't burn DVDs in Windows 10: PC is on Windows 10 1803 64 bit - it has an inbuilt DVD drive and I've recently bought an external USB DVD drive. The update to 1803 build took several attempts this summer. The new external drive is recognised by Windows, but no discs (e.g. commercial music CDs, or new...
  5. Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.

Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10.: Hello, I have a problem concerning the variant of the problem that has already been mentioned in the forum, namely Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 10. WMDC is going to work on my computer, I just have to run registry entries after every half-anual windows update....
  6. bluetooth for my airpods will not remove my device

bluetooth for my airpods will not remove my device: Hi, My Airpods in my Bluetooth settings will not remove the device. My Airpods stopped working and I tried to remove them and it just says "removing device". How and I remove them then reinstall? Thanks....
  7. how do i show that i am the security administrator

how do i show that i am the security administrator: how do i show that i am the security administrater https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-protectwindows8_1/how-do-i-show-that-i-am-the-security-administrator/0f39757f-97ae-45eb-aaf8-d9e4ec47ec9f
  8. my local network of 3 computers will only connect with 2 computers of the connected devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my local network of 3 computers will only connect with 2 computers of the connected devices: My local network of 3 computers will only connect with 2 computers. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/my-local-network-of-3-computers-will-only-connect/89d94055-2f65-4f77-99a2-f1769fa951fd
  9. USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10)

USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10): Hi there, I have a problem with my USB headset (Plantronics Blackwire C520-M). Windows is telling me that the device isn't recognized. The device manager shows "Device Descriptor Request Failed". It happened very suddenly; while I was listening to music (everything as...
  10. Windows 10 1803, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, Security at a Glance constantly opens

Windows 10 1803, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, Security at a Glance constantly opens: Hi, On several of our Windows 10 1803 Laptops, and when connecting to our VPN using Cisco Anyconnect, Windows Defender Security Centre's - Security at a Glance constantly opens and becomes the active window. Every 5 or minutes it takes the foreground and makes it...