Windows 10: Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion

Discus and support Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion This event is ONLY occurring after clearing the IE11 and Edge browser... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by INDYICEMAN, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion

Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion

This event is ONLY occurring after clearing the IE11 and Edge browser history i.e cookies, data files, etc.,

Is any one else by any chance having this issue ?

This event appears to be occuring ONLY when clearing "Internet Browser" histories <

Log Name: Security
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
    Date:
    Event ID: 5061
    Task Category: System Integrity
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Audit Failure
    User: N/A
    Computer:

Description:
    Cryptographic operation.

Subject:
    Security ID: WINDOWS 10
    Account Name:

Account Domain: WINDOWS 10
    Logon ID: 0xC20E9E

Cryptographic Parameters:
    Provider Name: Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider
    Algorithm Name: UNKNOWN
    Key Name: CD1CC265-0DA0-4230-8419-CB6F808FE688
    Key Type: User key.

Cryptographic Operation:
    Operation: Open Key.
    Return Code: 0x80090016
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-a5ba-3e3b0328c30d}" />
    <EventID>5061</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>0</Level>
    <Task>12290</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8010000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-09-25T18:19:50.688770900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2269</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{4491001b-73da-0002-b500-9144da73d501}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="892" ThreadID="7332" />
    <Channel>Security</Channel>
    <Computer>WINDOWS-10 PC
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="SubjectUserSid">S-1-5-21-2246590117-3880979226-1601212839-1001</Data>
    <Data Name="SubjectUserName">xxxxxxxxx

<Data Name="SubjectDomainName">WINDOWS-10-PC</Data>
    <Data Name="SubjectLogonId">0xc20e9e</Data>
    <Data Name="ProviderName">Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider</Data>
    <Data Name="AlgorithmName">UNKNOWN</Data>
    <Data Name="KeyName">CD1CC265-0DA0-4230-8419-CB6F808FE688</Data>
    <Data Name="KeyType">%%2500</Data>
    <Data Name="Operation">%%2480</Data>
    <Data Name="ReturnCode">0x80090016</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

INDYICEMAN, Jan 21, 2020
  2. balittle Win User

event 5061, microsoft windows security auditing failure

event 5061, microsoft windows security auditing failure

Have no idea how to fix, but its provided by Microsoft and an unknown alogorithm name?

balittle, Jan 21, 2020
  3. jegesq Win User
    System Integrity Event 5061 Security Audit Failure

Anyone notice that with the rollup update from August 17, that the Security section of Windows Logs in Event Viewer have now all been renamed to simply "Information" instead of "Audit Failure" or "Audit Success". Ever since upgrading to Win 10, I've
    been getting a lot of Audit Failures with Event ID 5061, which I presume is either related to one or more of the Nvidia drivers/programs, or is related to some other MS attempt to login to some server somewhere that fails (for reasons I've been unable to trace).
    MS has been getting a lot of questions on these forums about event 5061, and apparently lots of people were alarmed about the reports of "Audit Failures" for "System Integrity", believing that it meant something was definitely wrong with their systems.

I just noticed the change in language tonight in event viewer. Now everything, and I mean all events listed under Security logs is listed as "Information". Failures still show a "lock" icon, and success shows a "gold key" icon, but the descriptions are
    now simply "Information" only. You have to actually look hard to see whether it's a "failure" or "success".

Likely related, my Win10 system is unstable, and the Nvidia drivers keep crashing and recovering and then eventually crash the system. It does not seem to be at all predictable. I can be playing Solitaire, or looking at maps, or reviewing pictures in the
    Bing Photo Archives, or just downloading e-mail. The computer will stay up for a day or two and then whammo. Instability, crashing and a need to continually reboot until things calm down. Oh, and throw in a couple of BSOD's too, with the message "Your
    PC crashed ; (" and a report generating somewhere.

I figured Windows 10 might have some issues and I used a lot of preview builds with better luck than I'm having with a clean install of the final release version (downloaded and installed with an ISO). The machine is an older computer, running an Intel Core2
    Quad processor, but it runs both Win 8.1 and Win 7 with no issues at all....I mean flawlessly. Whereas Windows 10, installed on its own partition on a clean install, is just completely unstable, and unfit at all for any production work.

jegesq, Jan 21, 2020
  4. danwhocan Win User

Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Windows 10

I'm seeing these in my event log too. The failures happen four seconds before my video driver crashes (and restarts) while playing World of Warcraft. Could these two issues be related? I'm using onboard Intel HD 4600.

Audit Failure | Microsoft Windows security auditing.
    | 5061 | System Integrity

Cryptographic operation.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: XXXXXX$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Cryptographic Parameters:

Provider Name: Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider

Algorithm Name: RSA

Key Name: 51a92691-66f1-280f-d0db-59fad4f73491

Key Type: User key.

Cryptographic Operation:

Operation: Open Key.

Return Code: 0x80090016

danwhocan, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Win10 after every browser history deletion - Similar Threads - Security Audit Failure

2. Security Audit Failure Event 5038 CloudStorageWizard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Audit Failure Event 5038 CloudStorageWizard: 43 of the following Security Audit Failures consistently appear following boot indicating an issue with hash of an OS system file:Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid...
  3. Security Audit Failure Event 5038 CloudStorageWizard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Audit Failure Event 5038 CloudStorageWizard: 43 of the following Security Audit Failures consistently appear following boot indicating an issue with hash of an OS system file:Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid...
  4. Security Audit Failure Event 5038 CloudStorageWizard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation.: Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation. Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803. ‎4/‎28/‎2019 Immediately after every reboot of Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, in Event Viewer, there are between two and four Audit Failures for something related to...
  6. Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation. Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation. Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803. ‎4/‎28/‎2019 Immediately after every reboot of Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 1803, in Event Viewer, there are between two and four Audit Failures for something related to...
  7. Event ID 5061 Audit Failure after April Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 5061 Audit Failure after April Update.: Okay so this morning I began getting these messages in my event viewer after my PC decided to update to April update. They seem to happen after reboot and boot up. Also trying to updated Defender definitions is kinda not happening. I even tried through cmd line and it said...
  8. Audit Failure 5061

in Windows 10 Support
    Audit Failure 5061: I keep getting this Audit failure 5061. Cryptographic operation. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: DOCOMO$ Account Domain: WORKGROUP Logon ID: 0x3E7 Cryptographic Parameters: Provider Name: Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider Algorithm Name:...
  9. Event ID 5061 Audit Failure after April Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 5061 Audit Failure after April Update.: Not surprised. Let MS fix it. I wonder if people who did a clean install have the issue? Since the certutil command says " Private key is NOT exportable " it may be an issue for those who updated? I myself updated. Well like I said my PC decided to update to April update....
  10. Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061: I continue to get this event in the Event Log under Audit Failure. I never had in Windows 8.1 and it started after upgrading to 10. Does anyone have a clue about it? Cryptographic operation. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: xxxx Account Domain: xxxx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cd1cc265-0da0-4230-8419-cb6f808fe688