Windows 10: Security Authentication window doesn't display text for username&passw

Discus and support Security Authentication window doesn't display text for username&passw in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; RE: Windows Security Authentication window / prompt does not display text box for username and password Good Day For some reason when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bilale, Sep 14, 2016.

1. bilale Win User

Security Authentication window doesn't display text for username&passw

RE: Windows Security Authentication window / prompt does not display text box for username and password

Good Day

For some reason when prompted for credentials, the window does not seem to display the username and password text boxes to enter my details.
    I have experienced it with Outlook, and when using remote desktop connection (so far).
    Please see the attached images.
    Any assistance would be highly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance

Bilal

:)

bilale, Sep 14, 2016

2. 2-step authentication doesn't work for SkyDrive on WP8

I am unable to enter 2-step authentication into the login page for SkyDrive on Windows Phone 8. When you are challenged to enter the generated code from the Authenticator app you must open the Authenticator app to read the number: once you return to the
    SkyDrive app to enter the number the SkyDrive app resets itself & requires you to enter your username and password again. I assume this is because the SkyDrive app does not have fast resume enabled. This means that if you have an authenticator app on the same
    phone you are trying to log into, you can't get into SkyDrive when 2-step authentication is enabled. There are workarounds, which I have listed at the end of this message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. open SkyDrive app

2. enter username / password

3. SkyDrive prompts you to enter generated code from Authenticator

4. Launch Authenticator app

5. Come back to SkyDrive app via task switch (hold right arrow key down, swipe to running SkyDrive app)

6. SkyDrive app resets, requests username/password again.

In the time it takes to re-enter the username/password, you have lost your Authenticator number.

If you try to do this via text message the same problem exists (replace "Authenticator" with "Messaging App" in repro steps above), unless you have a screen wide enough to display the entire toast message from the text & can enter it without
    tasking out of SkyDrive.

There is a workaround, which is to use an alternate method that doesn't involve the phone I am on - for example, email (which I can read on a different machine) or call a number.

Please file a bug against SkyDrive.

TheRealMLEKAS, Sep 14, 2016
  3. How do I connect my Windows Phone 7 to a hidden Wi-Fi network?

can you really enter a username for a network on iOS and Android? I don't remember seeing a username box on any device. at my work we can setup MAC authentication so when an authenticated device connects to our network users can go straight onto the network,
    or if unauthenticated devices connect, when they open their browser they are presented with a login screen where they enter a username and password. I've just look on an apple laptop, if you choose WEP\WPA\WPA2 Enterprise then you get username & password boxes,
    but for WEP\WPA\WPA2 Personal security you don't. On WP you get no option to choose security type, maybe it is meant to auto detect or just doesn't support Enterprise security, but it does connect to hidden wireless networks.

Gareth0208, Sep 14, 2016
Thema:

Security Authentication window doesn't display text for username&passw

1. Security Authentication window doesn't display text for username&passw - Similar Threads - Security Authentication window

2. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  3. Security Key and Authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key and Authenticator: Hello,I set up a security key to sign in to my Microsoft accounts. I also had set up and still have the option to sign in with the authenticator app. Whenever I try to log in, it still asks me for the authenticator code, not for the key. How can I fix that??...
  4. I am not getting text authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am not getting text authentication: I am currently not receiving my text authentications for my Microsoft account. This started when my I booted up my desktop and it gave me an error code of 0x80280013, which states I must reset my pin. When continuing through the prompt, It asked to authenticate my account...
  5. Repeated username displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated username displayed: I've been having trouble with my MS Account, so I've been trying to fix it. I have submitted a separate question for it. As a result of my tinkering, my display name has duplicated itself on the forum display not on the ones you see, but on the ones I see. For instance, as I...
  6. Repeated username displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated username displayed: I've been having trouble with my MS Account, so I've been trying to fix it. I have submitted a separate question for it. As a result of my tinkering, my display name has duplicated itself on the forum display not on the ones you see, but on the ones I see. For instance, as I...
  7. Repeated username displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Authentication texts in Chinese

Authentication texts in Chinese: Hey. So recently, for the past two days I’ve been receiving text messages from Microsoft containing an authentication code, but with text in Chinese. I have received messages from this number before regarding authentication codes so I know it’s a legit number, however for...
  9. Windows Security Username and Password not working

Windows Security Username and Password not working: I am trying to install Adobe Creative Cloud, which I am supposed to get for free through my university. When I attempt to login, a window pops up called "Windows Security" and asks for my user name and password. I've tried to get past this at least 15 times now with my...
  10. Displays no text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displays no text: hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Security Authentication window / prompt does not display text box for username and password