Windows 10: security breach in 365 and onedrive?

Discus and support security breach in 365 and onedrive? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a subscription to 365 for myself and son so that we could use Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint and Word. He uses uSoft office... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jamesndr, Dec 1, 2018.

1. jamesndr Win User

security breach in 365 and onedrive?

I purchased a subscription to 365 for myself and son so that we could use Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint and Word. He uses uSoft office for his studies at Texas A&M, I used office for my IP development work on the International Space Station. My son called me today to report that he now had access to all my office products stored on onedrive. He does not know my credentials and asked if the 365 common license allows access to different user's files which share the same license. I asked him to manually logged out of onedrive and logged back in to his own onedrive account to get back to his files.

This is the first time that this has happened, and Is this a known problem with the recent windows update (possibly using the credentials on the subscription owner to "restore" links after an update)?

. No hackers involved in this one. Just a bug somewhere that I hope Microsoft will not sweep under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist. Anyway, I am very disturbed that proprietary information being given away.

:)

jamesndr, Dec 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 1, 2018
  3. WINDOW SECURITY BREACH

I am getting calls on my home and cell phone about windows security breach and a 6692150195 Is this real?

MichaelHenderson4, Dec 1, 2018
  4. security breach in 365 and onedrive?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

I use Groove Music and OneDrive hasn't ran again. I suspect Office 365 is behind restarting it. There might be a setting in Office 365 somewhere to disable OneDrive.

This will get rid of one drive. Put it in a .bat and run it:
    Code: @echo off echo Uninstalling OneDrive... start /wait "" "%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSWOW64\ONEDRIVESETUP.EXE" /UNINSTALL rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 reg add "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}\ShellFolder" /f /v Attributes /t REG_DWORD /d 0 >NUL 2>&1 echo. echo OneDrive has been removed. Windows Explorer needs to be restarted. pause start /wait TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe start explorer.exe[/quote]

FordGT90Concept, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

security breach in 365 and onedrive?

1. security breach in 365 and onedrive? - Similar Threads - security breach 365

2. Phone Link Security breach.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Security breach.: This is critical.I have turned off the app running in background but it still runs when the screen is closed down.If I disconnect from settings, the Phone Link App on my PC will simply reconnect.This is a massive security breach, as it means a hacker into my PC has automatic...
  3. Phone Link Security breach.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link Security breach.: This is critical.I have turned off the app running in background but it still runs when the screen is closed down.If I disconnect from settings, the Phone Link App on my PC will simply reconnect.This is a massive security breach, as it means a hacker into my PC has automatic...
  4. Security breach

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security breach: I received a phone call telling me that my computer has been hacked by several people in China and that they are stealing my sensitive information. All that I would need to do to fix it and protect myself, is go to some website so he could access my computer. I hung up on...
  5. Security office 365 premium breached and laptop stolen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Security office 365 premium breached and laptop stolen.: I would like to erase, locate, lock its windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-office-365-premium-breached-and-laptop/ddb72fc9-26ca-4ac5-83ff-b5deac88d66f
  6. Fake Security Breach Phonecalls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fake Security Breach Phonecalls: I keep getting these phone calls from people with Indian accents claiming to be Micrsoft Security technicians calling to clear up a breach in my computer's security. I just got a call at 4:49 pm 2.4.19 from 1-800-892-5234. They keep calling from different numbers. I know...
  7. Security Breach

Security Breach: These people have access to my Microsoft. I believe they changed the password. They have my password. I need assistance with changing my password. It will not give me access to change for thirty 30 days. As you can see they will have access to my information if I don't...
  8. Security Breach?

Security Breach?: I got a 'critical network' message and was provided a phone number to call into. Is this legit? I worked with someone for an hour and then things took a weird turn, have i been compromised?? Why can't I get a phone number to speak to someone live??...
  9. security or privacy breach at Microsoft

security or privacy breach at Microsoft: The Wells Fargo account fraud scandal is an ongoing controversy brought about by the creation of millions of fraudulent savings and checking accounts on behalf of Wells Fargo clients without their consent. Various regulatory bodies fined the company a combined $185 million as...
  10. Security Breach in Microsoft OneDrive: Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Breach in Microsoft OneDrive: Please help!: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I've been wanting to remove Microsoft OneDrive from my PC because I'm constantly asked to "sign into" OneDrive at the bottom right hand of my screen. I read online that I can remove the OneDrive app by installing OneDrive from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive security breach

2. one drive security breach