Windows 10: security bug

Discus and support security bug in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does micorsoft insist on trying to send me a "security code" via an old, defunct email address, rather than my active gmail account, which I use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by homey16, Sep 21, 2019.

1. homey16 Win User

security bug

Why does micorsoft insist on trying to send me a "security code" via an old, defunct email address, rather than my active gmail account, which I use for login and communications. Then, when I tell Microsoft to send me the code vis text (still no idea why it won't send it to my active email account), it tells me I have to wait for a month. To make matters worse, what I am trying to do is to clear my private information (browsing history et al) from the cloud, and to be sure that Microsoft spyware (Cortana) is not saving any other data either.

:)

homey16, Sep 21, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Sep 21, 2019
  3. t3hn0 Win User
    RBE bug reports

np *Smile security bug :)

tnx for the tip to use fresh bios too! i'm waiting the next version *Stick Out Tongue security bug :p
    oh..suggestion..why doesn't copy/paste work (with key combinations)? security or bug?

t3hn0, Sep 21, 2019
  4. curatia Win User

security bug

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

security bug

1. security bug - Similar Threads - security bug

2. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGLSometimes, I get a weird artifacting visual bugt when I change my Windows 10 security settings. My PC freezes up for a second and then a line of something that looks like a QR code. It's all black and white. It looks staticky. Is...
  3. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?: Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CfHsGLSometimes, I get a weird artifacting visual bugt when I change my Windows 10 security settings. My PC freezes up for a second and then a line of something that looks like a QR code. It's all black and white. It looks staticky. Is...
  4. Why am I getting weird artifacting visual bugs when I change Windows security settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device security, Standard hardware security not supported bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device security, Standard hardware security not supported bug.: Noticed I get a " Device Security standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 22H2 , if I do a reset on my PC. The only solution to resolve this was to downgrade back to Windows 10 Clean install than upgrade back to Windows 11 again. Even reset my PC after...
  6. Device security, Standard hardware security not supported bug.

Device security, Standard hardware security not supported bug.: Noticed I get a " Device Security standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 22H2 , if I do a reset on my PC. The only solution to resolve this was to downgrade back to Windows 10 Clean install than upgrade back to Windows 11 again. Even reset my PC after...
  7. [Bug] Windows 11 > Windows Security App is Showing Blank Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Bug] Windows 11 > Windows Security App is Showing Blank Screen: Hello, I'm experiencing an issue whenever I try to open the Windows Security app, it's completely blank.I tried the following method:1. Reset and Repair Windows Security App2. and even completely resetting my Windows But after I reinstalled the Windows, it was completely...
  8. [Bug] Windows 11 > Windows Security App is Showing Blank Screen

[Bug] Windows 11 > Windows Security App is Showing Blank Screen: Hello, I'm experiencing an issue whenever I try to open the Windows Security app, it's completely blank.I tried the following method:1. Reset and Repair Windows Security App2. and even completely resetting my Windows But after I reinstalled the Windows, it was completely...
  9. Are the updates for windows security bugged?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are the updates for windows security bugged?: Hey,so basically what is happeningi noticed it today is each time i go and click check for updates on windows 10,it installs the same security update each time i click on check for updates.I can click it 10 times in a row and it will install the same version of security...
  10. Are the updates for windows security bugged?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are the updates for windows security bugged?: Hey,so basically what is happeningi noticed it today is each time i go and click check for updates on windows 10,it installs the same security update each time i click on check for updates.I can click it 10 times in a row and it will install the same version of security...