Windows 10: Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow

Discus and support Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem has been persisting for some months on all three of my Windows 10 machines. The Windows Defender icon (in the popup from the taskbar)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShannonJacobs, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow

This problem has been persisting for some months on all three of my Windows 10 machines. The Windows Defender icon (in the popup from the taskbar) always shows the yellow caution mark. When I click it to reach the Windows Defender Security Center on this computer, all of the icons have green checks. On another computer (with the same symptom) there is another icon for OneDrive that says it should be set up, but that does not appear to be the real problem.

LOTS of struggles over the months. Simpleminded idea: Find the problem and fix it. No can do. I could review the failures, but mostly right now I'm annoyed at today's adventures which routed me back to a FAQ that has no mention of the word "set" and then over to a "support" chat with some MS drone who was even less useful than the FAQ.

In this latest "community" effort, I had an optimistic delusion that as I prepared this description of the problem the brilliant computers of MS would recognize what is going on and route me to some better part of the solution space. Obviously not.

P.S. I think the most laughable part may be that Microsoft sort of understands the underlying problem. They even base major advertising campaigns on the lie that they want to solve the REAL problem. The deep problem is that Microsoft hates freedom and wants to remove all inconvenient choices, especially choices that might reduce the profits of MS. (Meaningless fake problem. There is NO amount of profit that can solve super-greed.) This postscript was triggered by the fake freedom of the choices below my attempt to describe the problem. The first three "choices" were already decided, and the defaults are actually good enough, but the fourth asked for the "Topic" of this question--without providing ANY correct option. Of the three fake choices, "Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats" seems most plausible. After all, the yellow warning should be related to some real threat. (But I don't think so.)

:)

ShannonJacobs, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Mansen Win User

Getting rid of the CU "Security Center" taskbar icon?

Just got through the manual CU update on my machine, and now there's an icon for the "Windows Defender Security Center" in the taskbar that won't go away - It isn't listed in the "system icons" list where turning off Action Center and such was possible previously.

Has anyone figured out a way to disable it? It's a minor detail, but it IS an eyesore to me. *sarc

Mansen, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Security Center

The taskbar Show Hidden Icons shows the Windows Defender Security Center icon with a yellow exclamation symbol and says Actions recommended. But when I launch the tool everything shows green. What action is recommended? How do I fix this? I am using Windows
    10 Home 64-bit.

Edward2013RR, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow

1. Security Center is all green but taskbar icon is always yellow - Similar Threads - Security Center green

2. Centering Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Centering Taskbar Icons: How do I move certain applications on the Taskbar towards the center? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/centering-taskbar-icons/04dfbf51-0392-438a-ba66-b3a0b2118ae9
  3. Centering Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Centering Taskbar Icons: How do I move certain applications on the Taskbar towards the center? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/centering-taskbar-icons/04dfbf51-0392-438a-ba66-b3a0b2118ae9
  4. Centering Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Green/Yellow screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green/Yellow screen: Ok so when I press ctrl+lmb left mouse button, a green/yellow screen pops up. This is really annoying, someone tell me how to fix it :c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greenyellow-screen/0f2478bf-4795-4068-be68-12abbf94be81
  6. Green/Yellow screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green/Yellow screen: Ok so when I press ctrl+lmb left mouse button, a green/yellow screen pops up. This is really annoying, someone tell me how to fix it :c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/greenyellow-screen/0f2478bf-4795-4068-be68-12abbf94be81
  7. Taskbar always shows all icons

Taskbar always shows all icons: Hi, I have a problem with my taskbar icons. I only want the battery indicator to always show next to the clock, without opening up all with the arrow. Like this:[ATTACH] However every time when I restart the device it automatically ticks in the "Always show all..." option....
  8. Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender is yellow flagged, everything in Security Center checked green except "Family...: Title I don't have other computers to put in a family. No option given to disable?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-is-yellow-flagged-everything-in-security/e762a34a-35de-4fca-b8d5-94d358631930"
  9. Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard

Yellow mark for windows defender security (action reccommended), but all is green on dashboard: Desktop, so no battery. Windows 10, all updates are installed. I think the issue surfaced today or yesterday, later than the last monthly update. The icon in the taskbar displays yellow triangle, with 'action reccommended', but nothing actually requires action on the...
  10. Getting rid of the CU "Security Center" taskbar icon?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting rid of the CU "Security Center" taskbar icon?: Just got through the manual CU update on my machine, and now there's an icon for the "Windows Defender Security Center" in the taskbar that won't go away - It isn't listed in the "system icons" list where turning off Action Center and such was possible previously. Has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. action center symantec yellow exlamation all green checks

2. Security center yellow icon but all is green

3. windows security center taskbar says action needed but nothing displays when you open the security center

4. taskbar security Center