Windows 10: Security Certificate

Discus and support Security Certificate in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I think I have been scammed by a business. They supposedly help me when my computer has issues. They called and said {and showed me} that I have all of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DebraHennig, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Security Certificate

I think I have been scammed by a business. They supposedly help me when my computer has issues. They called and said {and showed me} that I have all of these error messages because my security certificate has expired. They want a rather hefty sum to reinstate my certificate. Is this a scam or is it legit?

If it is a scam am I able to no longer give them access to my computer? Thank you to whoever may have insight into this.

:)

DebraHennig, Sep 19, 2019

2. security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if this issue occur on Different Web browsers too?

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 11.

3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".

4. Click Apply and Ok.

5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

This error can be cause by the SSL certificate of the website – maybe it was not issued by a trusted Certification Authority on the client side. It could even be an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. Or maybe the certificate has
    expired.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931850

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Swathi Ravichandran, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Security Certificate Problems with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Where exactly are you getting Security Certificate Warnings?

• Are you using Internet Explorer?

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    I suggest you to send us Screen shot of the image (Security Certificate Warnings).

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Security Certificate

Security certificate issue

Hi Doug,

To help you resolve your concern, please follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge and access Nextdoor.com, click
      Continue to this website (not recommended). There should be a
      Certificate warning
      that will appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.

Please let us know the outcome

Ryan Fra, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Security Certificate

1. Security Certificate - Similar Threads - Security Certificate

2. Certificate expired 01 September 2022 for Windows Security Protection History viewing...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certificate expired 01 September 2022 for Windows Security Protection History viewing...: Since 12:38 UK time today 04 September 2022, Windows Security has generated several notifications saying "Virus & threat protection : Threats found : Microsoft Defender Antivirus found threats. Get details." When I go to the Windows Security app it says "No current threats"...
  3. Security Alert - Revocation information for the securtiy certificate for this site is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Alert - Revocation information for the securtiy certificate for this site is not...: Hi there, How can i get rid of this popup which never ends. There are billions of them. I moved them apart like that, so that you can see how many there are. There is a new one popping up every minute.Here is the actual certificate:...
  4. Security Alert - Revocation information for the securtiy certificate for this site is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Alert - Revocation information for the securtiy certificate for this site is not...: Hi there, How can i get rid of this popup which never ends. There are billions of them. I moved them apart like that, so that you can see how many there are. There is a new one popping up every minute.Here is the actual certificate:...
  5. Security Alert - Revocation information for the securtiy certificate for this site is not...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Security Certificate Wifi Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Certificate Wifi Error: When I try to connect to my school wifi it gives me a page saying connect to wifi, The Wi-Fi you are using BISD-BYOD may require you to visit its login page and when I click connect it just sends me to http://www.gstatic.com/generate_204 which is just a white screen, I really...
  7. Security Certificate Wifi Error

Security Certificate Wifi Error: When I try to connect to my school wifi it gives me a page saying connect to wifi, The Wi-Fi you are using BISD-BYOD may require you to visit its login page and when I click connect it just sends me to http://www.gstatic.com/generate_204 which is just a white screen, I really...
  8. Security Certificate Wifi Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Certificates Security Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificates Security Scanner: Hello fellow Microsoft users. Does Microsoft provide a certificate scanner for unknown or expired certificates to remove them or alert for action? I noticed for example on my older 2009 iMac I had 6000 plus iMessage certificates and keys however we do not us iMessage on any...
  10. Certificates Security Scanner

Certificates Security Scanner: Hello fellow Microsoft users. Does Microsoft provide a certificate scanner for unknown or expired certificates to remove them or alert for action? I noticed for example on my older 2009 iMac I had 6000 plus iMessage certificates and keys however we do not us iMessage on any...