Windows 10: Security code

Discus and support Security code in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is really damn sad for Microsoft, You keep nagging me for a code that you never send on cellphone or mail and threaten with closure of account... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pål AndorØstvold, May 22, 2020.

1. Security code

This is really damn sad for Microsoft, You keep nagging me for a code that you never send on cellphone or mail and threaten with closure of account just because I use an VPN and was logged on in Australia so I could see some local shows not allowed elsewhere- Have you not an understanding that people use VPN? Get your damn system in order!!!!

Everyone using VPN`s may log on from all over the globe and in today's world one should think that MS would be up to date on that!

:)

Pål AndorØstvold, May 22, 2020
  2. RobJLau Win User

Microsoft account security code - WHY?

Thanks for the reply Greg.

"If you turn on two-step verification, you’ll get a security code to your email, phone, or authenticator app every time you sign in on
    a device that isn't trusted. When two-step verification is turned off, you will only have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when
    there might be a risk to your account security."

Overkill.

As Two-Step verification has never been turned on, I presume MS thinks every time I log into access pages on https://account.microsoft.com/ pages I'm a risk to my account. Even from computers listed in the 'Devices" tab of those pages. Even though I have
    to supply my MS password to get to those pages.

Are you suggesting I turn two-step verification on, which is what I don't need?

RobJLau, May 22, 2020
  3. Duplicate Security Code Entry

Following a Windows update in the last two weeks, I now have to enter my security code twice to access my computer. How can I adjust this setting to return to the single entry of my security code?

Steps Taken

These are the steps I'm taking to help you understand what I'm referring to...

• Press the Power Button
    • Picture shows up with icon searching for facial recognition - select alternate options
    • Enter security code
    • Returns to original screen with picture and icon searching for facial recognition - I again select alternate sign in options link
    • Enter security code again
    • The start up process begins and I have access to everything

Up until that update from two weeks ago, I only had to enter my security code once to gain access.

Thanks.

Chris

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General]

ChrisD_1_2, May 22, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Security code

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Security code

1. Security code - Similar Threads - Security code

2. Microsoft "needs to make sure I can receive a security code" but they only offer to send...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft "needs to make sure I can receive a security code" but they only offer to send...: Other than the option to send a code to a mail that is not a thing, I can say that I can't verify my account, and then I am told to update my security info athttps://account.live.com/proofs/MarkLost manually. I have done that and installed the authentication app, but i still...
  3. My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email address will not receive security codes Microsoft has locked me out of my account...: While attempting to change my contact information on my Microsoft account, it prompted me for a security code. By the way, my password is correct and I have signed in on this computer hundreds of times before. The only email that was associated with my account will not...
  4. Temporary problem with the service - receive security code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Temporary problem with the service - receive security code: [IMG]Hi, I'm trying to access my son's laptop and for some reason it's gone to the main login screen and wants his outlook password. He can't remember this and when we try to reset by text or email it says there's a problem with the servixe. Tried resetting via the web link...
  5. network security code

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network security code: I have been trying to get connection from my home computer via WiFi of Bluetooth and it keeps asking for my network security key. Where do i find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-security-code/89d47def-2cbc-4dc1-8473-d8fb7d817cbe
  6. Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant set PIN code or fingerprint in settings, because of some security settings, which are...: Hello to everyone, Few weeks ago, everything was allright. But now, Im not able to set PIC code or fingerprint. I always have to use my account password. When I open settings, where should I be able to set PIN code or fingerprint, all the boxes are greyed. I cant even...
  7. How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell...: How do I access "Security"? MS seems only to be able to provide a security code via cell phone. I need to be contacted via land line. Is it necessary to own a cell phone to use Windows??...
  8. Account Security Code

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account Security Code: I was going to change some privacy settings in my account, so I signed in to my account, but couldn't progress to the info I needed. When I clicked on the appropriate button it took me to a different Microsoft account page, and asked me to sign in again. When I did, I got...
  9. Error Code 0x800106ba on Microsoft Security Essentials

Error Code 0x800106ba on Microsoft Security Essentials: This comes up almost every time I turn on my Win 7 laptop. Usually it forces me to restart to "Turn On" protection, but now that does not help. Thanks!...
  10. security key code

security key code: How do i find the security key code on a Windows 10 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-key-code/dc2e1fbd-5b2f-4ca3-aa17-9ababcff5f9c"