Windows 10: Security concern about remote pc access

Discus and support Security concern about remote pc access in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi So I had my Windows 10 Home pc linked to a work account (Azure in tune afaik) for a short period earlier in the year. Owing to some comments made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/treesdontexisthonest, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Security concern about remote pc access

Hi

So I had my Windows 10 Home pc linked to a work account (Azure in tune afaik) for a short period earlier in the year.

Owing to some comments made by people I am concerned that someone has used this or other means to access my pc remotely.

There is a small chance that either my login credentials were available or I was duped into accepting an Authenticator request on the pc’s account.

Given that the PC (now defunct but I have verified it as Home by offline registry check) is windows Home and does not have RDP, the only avenue in would be Azure or malware. I’m tight on malware checks and had nothing come up. I’ve had one sign in alert in two months which MS think is likely due to VPN use but no other login in warnings or suspect Authenticator alerts.

Password was changed several times since then and Authenticator removed and readded.

What risk is there a bad actor has had a dig into my pc? Is it even possible?

Cheers

submitted by /u/treesdontexisthonest
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/treesdontexisthonest, Dec 6, 2020
  2. RuskinF Win User

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Remote access denied.

Hi Paul,

To resolve your concern about remote access denied, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo+R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc on the Run box.
    • Open Remote Desktop Services.
    • Go to the Log On tab.
    • Select This account: Network Service.
    • Click Apply, and then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Dec 6, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Security concern about remote pc access

Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Security concern about remote pc access

1. Security concern about remote pc access - Similar Threads - Security concern remote

2. Concerned About the Security of my Data!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Concerned About the Security of my Data!: "I'm concerned about the safety of my computer while using Microsoft products such as Windows and Office. I want to know how I can protect my computer from viruses and malware while using these products Memorial Company Pittsburgh. Can anyone provide me with some tips or best...
  3. Concerned About the Security of my Data!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Concerned About the Security of my Data!: "I'm concerned about the safety of my computer while using Microsoft products such as Windows and Office. I want to know how I can protect my computer from viruses and malware while using these products Memorial Company Pittsburgh. Can anyone provide me with some tips or best...
  4. Security Concern

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  5. Security Concern

Security Concern: Hello, I've discovered some serious security leaks on my devices and I need to make sure of a few things.I suspect my HDD got cloned and used on another machine, let's assume that my windows account and settings and edge data passwords of other accounts got leaked. Maybe my...
  6. Security Concern

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Concern about virus

Concern about virus: I have barely used my computer lately and all of a sudden I have a yellow notification symbol regarding my protection history saying I have a potentially unwanted app found. I dont know what to do please advise. I have attached a screen shot. [ATTACH]...
  8. Security Concerns

Security Concerns: A while ago when I uploaded a file to virustotal it was clean but when I uploaded the same file a month later it says 1 antivirus says its malicious Does that make it safe then?...
  9. concern about temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    concern about temperature: hi there I have recently buy a surface laptop 2 i5 model .I just want to know that the temperature goes 37 to 51c in ideal or when browsing YouTube videos and under full load the laptop cross 70c is it normal or my laptop is defective one....
  10. Concerned about Atom

Concerned about Atom: Recently, I was looking for good free text editors, and I came across Atom. After deciding that I preferred the first one I found, I uninstalled Atom. I only had one account on the computer at the time, but after uninstalling Atom, I created a second account for...