Windows 10: Security Defender is not working properly

Discus and support Security Defender is not working properly in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sir, after a long time span i tried to turn off windows securities real time protection, during navigation to windows security tab in settings, no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by siddharth_maheshwari, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Security Defender is not working properly

Sir,

after a long time span i tried to turn off windows securities real time protection, during navigation to windows security tab in settings, no options were loading, i then clicked on open windows security there also any of option were not loading, when clicked on protection history the app crashes, sir please help me and my computer. i have attached screenshots. Security Defender is not working properly 1e4fe8cf-b34e-4888-8d0e-2a306236809e?upload=true.png Security Defender is not working properly a7814598-a76f-4f6c-b4c8-4b340129968b?upload=true.png

:)

siddharth_maheshwari, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 4, 2020
  3. james_27G Win User
    Windows defender security center problem

When I try to start the windows defender security center the antimalware service executable starts up and uses up to 98% CPU. I have tried to change proxy restart defender and many suggested steps and also went to windows deffender online to do a scan
    that way but no malware came up. The problem still persists. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? I just want my security to run properly but I cant even get to the menus.

james_27G, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Security Defender is not working properly

defender does not work properly

Never heard of "fixwin."

What error did you receive?

Any other security program installed?

Be sure Automatic Updates are enabled.

The behavior you are describing is typical if there are remnants of a third party program installed.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot?

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in
    this thread: Windows Defender.

Tutorial: Using Windows Defender - Update Definitions and Scan for Viruses

And see Configure Windows
    Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10

Or - - -

If you cannot resolve the issue you may want to install a different antimalware program.
    There are a number of viable options available.

Choosing an Anti-Virus
    Program

Is Windows Defender
    The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards...

Le Boule, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Security Defender is not working properly

1. Security Defender is not working properly - Similar Threads - Security Defender working

2. Windows Security/Defender Offline not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security/Defender Offline not working: Hello respected sir/ma'am:I have been experiencing issues with Windows Security or Windows Defender not turning on to scan the system and other files. I can use the Virus and Threat protection's File Scan option where it scans all the files potentially for any viruses or...
  3. microsoft defender offline doesn't working properly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft defender offline doesn't working properly: how to enable microsoft defender offline scan on win 11 pro?? coz' after i upgrading my windows version to win 11 pro, from win 11 home single language... i can't use or scan as usually microsft defender offline scan feature. thanks...
  4. Windows Defender Not working properly

Windows Defender Not working properly: I HAVE TRIED ALL THE METHODS BUT NOTHING WORK OUT WELL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-not-working-properly/7f2d85d9-1289-49f9-b3b3-1dfdab1366dd
  5. Update & Security not working properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update & Security not working properly.: According to SETTING/ABOUT I am running Widows 10 Home Version 2004 OS 19041.985 Experience pack 120.2212.2020.0 which was loaded 0n 20/10/20. I cannot remember if I have tried to check for outstanding updates since then, but when I run the software to check for updates it...
  6. Windows Defender CPU Limit is not working properly

Windows Defender CPU Limit is not working properly: I have Windows server 2016, In which we are using windows defender. During full scan of windows defender CPU usage is 100%. To limit CPU usage i have edited group policy and set cpu usage to 30 but still it is not working and cpu usage reached 100% during full scan. Note:...
  7. Window defender isn't working properly

Window defender isn't working properly: real-time protection is blocked by group policy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-isnt-working-properly/0163eba5-8eff-49dd-8d63-2db8a60d604d
  8. my windows defender not working properly

my windows defender not working properly: 1st I saw this .....then tried to find out the reason.....but i couldn't[ATTACH]Then i saw this but didn't understand it[ATTACH]I tried this but it shows as follows....... [ATTACH]Please help me with this issue...
  9. Defender Security Center is not working!!!!!!

Defender Security Center is not working!!!!!!: Well my Windows Defender Security Centre is not working properly after I changed the administrator of my Dell laptop and deleted the account of previous administrator. It is showing this error...…. [IMG]...
  10. Windows defender not working properly

Windows defender not working properly: So I have everything updated on a Matebook x Pro (windows 1803) however it seems that the defender is bugged what should I do? All the settings are grayed out (see the example below) and the scan doesn't work. The service is up and running regularly. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...