Windows 10: Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables

Discus and support Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Starting yesterday Feb 21 2024 Windows Security detected Wacatac.B!ml in a console app that I wrote myself and built with Visual Studio 2022 months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David W Brooks, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables

Starting yesterday Feb 21 2024 Windows Security detected Wacatac.B!ml in a console app that I wrote myself and built with Visual Studio 2022 months ago. It was working fine daily until then, and now it's gone. I rebuild it - same. Same with another app that I rebuilt both Release and Debug and has no code in common with the first one. I want to release that second app but I can't if it's going to raise an error on other peoples' installations.Security signatures are up to date. Did someone push a new signature in the last couple of days?I see another problem with Wacatac.B!ml reported a fe

:)

David W Brooks, Feb 22, 2024
  2. acer3 Win User

wacatac b ml with no security updates is data recovery service avaible

wacatac b ml with no security updates is data recovery service avaible

acer3, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

Hi,

I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml, severe.

I used Windows defender to remove the trojan and now the status showed : a threat or app was Removed from this device.

based on this information, can I assume that this trojan is gone forever, or it's still hiding somewhere.

Thank you.

John Boyadjian, Feb 22, 2024
  4. acer3 Win User

Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables

urgent help needed can i restore data i got wacatac b!ml not deleted

urgent help needed can i restore data i got wacatac b!ml not deleted and i got no security updates so all my data is gone my sata changed to ata but people say its only collecting history and it was more destructive because it downloaded a trojan or other things it does

acer3, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables

1. Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables - Similar Threads - Security detecting Wacatac

2. Can Wacatac h ml infect other partitions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Wacatac h ml infect other partitions?: Hi. One day, I was downloading books in pdf compressed in rar files from a telegram group. Windows Defender didn't detect anything yet even if the suspicious file a rar file was already downloaded until I started to copy that rar file into an external disk. Then Windows...
  3. Can Wacatac h ml infect other partitions?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Wacatac h ml infect other partitions?: Hi. One day, I was downloading books in pdf compressed in rar files from a telegram group. Windows Defender didn't detect anything yet even if the suspicious file a rar file was already downloaded until I started to copy that rar file into an external disk. Then Windows...
  4. Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables

Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables: Starting yesterday Feb 21 2024 Windows Security detected Wacatac.B!ml in a console app that I wrote myself and built with Visual Studio 2022 months ago. It was working fine daily until then, and now it's gone. I rebuild it - same. Same with another app that I rebuilt both...
  5. Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables

Security detecting Wacatac.B!ml on long-existing executables: Starting yesterday Feb 21 2024 Windows Security detected Wacatac.B!ml in a console app that I wrote myself and built with Visual Studio 2022 months ago. It was working fine daily until then, and now it's gone. I rebuild it - same. Same with another app that I rebuilt both...
  6. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  7. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  8. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  9. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  10. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml