Windows 10: Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

Discus and support Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After a recent 365 update 3/17, I have an Excel doc with VBA and Macros that Security Essentials is flagging as a virus. It deleted and/or disabled all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RyanChris, Mar 23, 2020.

1. RyanChris Win User

Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

After a recent 365 update 3/17, I have an Excel doc with VBA and Macros that Security Essentials is flagging as a virus. It deleted and/or disabled all of the macros and vba code and will not allow me to upload the backup file from a thumb drive. The excel doc has been working fine for months...until this update. We made the file an exclusion but it still flags it as a virus. Any ideas???

:)

RyanChris, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, May 26, 2020
  3. RyanChris Win User
    Windows defender flagging excel doc as a virus. Microsoft Security Intelligence has removed the detection but doc is still being flagged.

A very important excel do with vba and macros is being flagged by windows defender as a virus. We submitted to microsoft - they scanned the document and said they removed the detection. We have run all updates on our windows 10 computers but we still cannot
    use the file. Our company cannot run without this document - it has been working for several months until there was an Office 365 update on March 17, 2020. Have had no luck contacting MS to get help and our Office 365 "partner" that MS is telling us to contact
    is unwilling to send out tech's or help us at this time due to COVID.

Please help!

RyanChris, May 26, 2020
  4. Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

Can i install microsoft security essentials software in windows 10?

No, you cannot install Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 10. It's neither designed for nor will it work on Windows 10.

Windows 10 comes with in-built Anti-Virus program Windows Defender which is similar to
    Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7.

Suggestion to read

Jsssssssss, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

1. Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus - Similar Threads - Security essentials flagging

2. Tile App being flagged as Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tile App being flagged as Virus: Tile App is being flagged by Windows 11 Pro as a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tile-app-being-flagged-as-virus/53636fc9-6814-423a-adf6-b9de01892a55
  3. Tile App being flagged as Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tile App being flagged as Virus: Tile App is being flagged by Windows 11 Pro as a virus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tile-app-being-flagged-as-virus/53636fc9-6814-423a-adf6-b9de01892a55
  4. Criteria for being flagged as Virus/HackTool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Criteria for being flagged as Virus/HackTool: Hi, this is a question for the AV team at Msft:So I have a side project: gsudo a sudo for windows. It is a convenience tool to cherry pick which commands to elevate. I am very open about what risks the user faces when using the tool. All open source and releases are signed...
  5. Windows Security Flagging genuine Google Chrome as Virus and Uninstall it.

Windows Security Flagging genuine Google Chrome as Virus and Uninstall it.: I have install Google Chrome over three times, on my new laptop, but Windows Security keep flagging it as virus and uninstall it. Why is this happening and how can I stop it?My Windows Version is 21H2, OS Build 19044.1415...
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials Detects Visual C++ as Virus

Microsoft Security Essentials Detects Visual C++ as Virus: Security Essentials will not allow me to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. It keeps saying there was a virus detected. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without uninstalling Security Essentials? [Original Title: Security Essentials]...
  7. Security Essentials

Security Essentials: Security Essentials will not allow me to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. It keeps saying there was a virus detected. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without uninstalling Security Essentials?...
  8. Windows defender flagging excel doc as a virus. Microsoft Security Intelligence has removed...

Windows defender flagging excel doc as a virus. Microsoft Security Intelligence has removed...: A very important excel do with vba and macros is being flagged by windows defender as a virus. We submitted to microsoft - they scanned the document and said they removed the detection. We have run all updates on our windows 10 computers but we still cannot use the file. Our...
  9. Security Essentials

Security Essentials: Here are some product flaws that are currently in the software. here are some old classic solutions that have never come around. Microsoft Edge has a integrated flaw in which can be hijacked and freezes he personal computer of the target, not allowing them to disengage their...
  10. Microsoft Security Essentials flagged my EXE as containing a Trojan.

Microsoft Security Essentials flagged my EXE as containing a Trojan.: I have an Addin to VBA that is used by many users without any issue regarding any Trojans. But Microsoft Security Essentials flagged it as containing a Trojan. Who do I contact to report this issue?...