Windows 10: Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

Discus and support Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After a recent 365 update 3/17, I have an Excel doc with VBA and Macros that Security Essentials is flagging as a virus. It deleted and/or disabled all... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RyanChris, Mar 23, 2020.

1. RyanChris Win User

Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

After a recent 365 update 3/17, I have an Excel doc with VBA and Macros that Security Essentials is flagging as a virus. It deleted and/or disabled all of the macros and vba code and will not allow me to upload the backup file from a thumb drive. The excel doc has been working fine for months...until this update. We made the file an exclusion but it still flags it as a virus. Any ideas???

:)

RyanChris, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus

1. Security essentials flagging my excel doc as being a virus - Similar Threads - Security essentials flagging

2. Windows defender flagging excel doc as a virus. Microsoft Security Intelligence has removed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender flagging excel doc as a virus. Microsoft Security Intelligence has removed...: A very important excel do with vba and macros is being flagged by windows defender as a virus. We submitted to microsoft - they scanned the document and said they removed the detection. We have run all updates on our windows 10 computers but we still cannot use the file. Our...
  3. Security Essentials

Security Essentials: Here are some product flaws that are currently in the software. here are some old classic solutions that have never come around. Microsoft Edge has a integrated flaw in which can be hijacked and freezes he personal computer of the target, not allowing them to disengage their...
  4. When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?

When will Microsoft Security Essentials virus defintion support end?: I am running Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). I know support for Win 7 ends Jan 2020 but will the virus definitions for MSE continue to be updated beyond this date or do I need to replace MSE with something else?...
  5. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: Today I find that the Security Essentials program keeps shutting down. I have tried to restart it several times just to have it shut down moments later. What is the problem?...
  6. Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Security Essentials: I started a full scan on Microsoft Security Essentials and it's been running for 20 hours and is only at 75% completed. What are possible problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essentials/1e8b663b-5259-4c45-8132-e230746423ed
  7. LAA Flag Being Ignored.

in Windows 10 Customization
    LAA Flag Being Ignored.: I'm on Windows 10 1803 and am trying to apply the LAA flag to an older application. The flag is being applied but not handled. The application still runs out of memory at about 2 Gb's instead of 4 as it should. Using a tool to view current flags it shows that it is applied...
  8. Security Essentials to work.

Security Essentials to work.: Can't get security essentials to protect icon is not green even after i've run a scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-to-work/4f72e2cf-734e-42a5-836f-4b367aa02fd3
  9. security essentials scan

security essentials scan: Is there a facility whereby the computer will be shut down if no problems are found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_start-windows_7/security-essentials-scan/52b3e12c-0c8d-444b-a1a2-8ef69b0ac9d0
  10. Microsoft Security Essentials flagged my EXE as containing a Trojan.

Microsoft Security Essentials flagged my EXE as containing a Trojan.: I have an Addin to VBA that is used by many users without any issue regarding any Trojans. But Microsoft Security Essentials flagged it as containing a Trojan. Who do I contact to report this issue?...