Windows 10: Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes

Discus and support Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Been using Security Essentials, Windows 7, for several years, no problems. Today its behavior has changed. Every few minutes it goes from green to red,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NoneO'YoBiz, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes

Been using Security Essentials, Windows 7, for several years, no problems. Today its behavior has changed. Every few minutes it goes from green to red, service has stopped. I restart, it restarts, goes back to green, life is good. For a few minutes. Then it stops again.

I have not downloaded anything new on this machine in some time. I am currently in process of running a scan with another product (eset, online scanner), and maybe this will reveal something, but I have my doubts. Can a rogue program shut down a service? That would be very poor design for the OS.

Anyway... I see this question posted a lot on the internet but not this exact situation: been using successfully for years, no recent changes. So, any ideas?

:)

NoneO'YoBiz, Mar 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes

Jsssssssss, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes

1. Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes - Similar Threads - Security Essentials suddenly

2. Connection interrupted every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection interrupted every few minutes: I dont have issue on my other devices but on this PC my connection drops and got interrupted. I tried to download the driver in my manufacturers website but still getting the problem. I dont know. I dont have problem before. I tried different browser as well but getting the...
  3. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  4. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes every few minutes: Hi, I was having really critical PC issues. My computer will crash with the ":" blue screen very often. I have no idea what is causing this problem, but it really ruins my experience. Not really being able to do school work or play games. I would really appreciate the help,...
  5. PC Crashes every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes: Hi,I just got the 1more dual driver ANC Pro headphones to be used for Microsoft Team calls and to listen to Spotify on my Microsoft Surface Pro 5.On Microsoft Teams - the headphones keeps getting disconnected every 10mins or less and will need to change device on Device...
  7. Wifi dropping every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi dropping every few minutes: Hi, My wifi has been doing this thing where it drops for no reason. It will freeze my computer then disconnect. Every few times it will show no wifi near me at all and I have to reset my computer to reconnect to my wifi. I have troubleshooted countless times, have reset the...
  8. Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10

Sudden Screen Freeze After Every Few Minutes in Windows 10: For the past 2-3 days my PC started to freeze randomly after every few minutes. First time it froze on desktop,second time in the middle of the game and third time in the middle of movie. I haven't changed anything in my PC. So, why is Windows 10 64 Bit Home started to act...
  9. Essential error occurring every few hours

Essential error occurring every few hours: In my event viewer this error log is showing up every few hours. It happens when the computer is asleep and it seems to be every time it wakes up. I have fixed some event errors in the past but don't really know where to start with this one because there are no symptoms...
  10. Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...: I am running resource monitor to see what is going on, as periodically my keyboard does not respond at all. I don't see errors in the event log, and I think I saw something like this when windows 10 first came out, and have reinstalled it over the weekend. There is a clue...