Windows 10: security essentials support for windows 7

Discus and support security essentials support for windows 7 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i run windows 7 i understand support stopped in jan ..ok why did i get a prompt to down load windows security essentials today ?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nebulia, Apr 23, 2020.

1. nebulia Win User

security essentials support for windows 7

i run windows 7 i understand support stopped in jan ..ok why did i get a prompt to down load windows security essentials today ?

:)

nebulia, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Ṣmeed Win User

End of Support for Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows 7: January 14, 2020

Will Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) continue to protect my computer after the end of support?

No, your Windows 7 computer is not protected by MSE after January 14, 2020. MSE is unique to Windows 7 and follows the same lifecycle dates for support. Learn
    more about MSE

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4527878/faq-about-extended-security-updates-for-windows-7

Also:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020

================================================================================

EDIT: Both above articles got updated. Article 4527878 on Dec 18, 2019, Article 4057281 on Dec 16, 2019:

" Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) will continue to receive signature updates after January 14, 2020. However, the MSE platform will no longer be updated.
    "

Also see:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-AMA/Microsoft-Security-Essentials-availability-after-Win7-EOL/m-p/1070283

================================================================================

Suggest reading everything here:
    Answers to common security questions - Best Practices

especially:

Pinned until 12/25

Ṣmeed, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Apr 23, 2020
  4. security essentials support for windows 7

suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

security essentials support for windows 7

1. security essentials support for windows 7 - Similar Threads - security essentials support

2. Windows security essentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security essentials: Hi, tell me how to downloadWindows security essentials for windows 732-Bit version. I downloaded Windows security essentials frommicrosoft . When i open the installer , it shows an error....
  3. Security Essentials Update for Windows 7

Security Essentials Update for Windows 7: I received notification of an update today 1/30 for Security Essentials that says it was published yesterday. I haven't downloaded or installed it yet because I thought support had ended for Windows 7 and I am concerned this is not genuine. Is Microsoft still putting updates...
  4. Windows Security Essentials for 32bit Windows 7

Windows Security Essentials for 32bit Windows 7: Hi, Can not renew Windows Security Essentials virus definitions, the process brakes with failure code 0x80240022. It happens in several 32bit Windows 7 computers. What can I do? Thanks in advance. Henn...
  5. Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials will receive definition updates after support end

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials will receive definition updates after support end: Microsoft Security Essentials will receive security definition updates after Windows 7 support ends despite Microsoft's earlier claims stating the contrary. Earlier this week, Microsoft stated in no uncertain terms that the company's security software Microsoft Security...
  6. Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials support ends on January 14, 2020

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 7: Microsoft Security Essentials support ends on January 14, 2020: Windows 7 Home users who protect their systems with the security software Microsoft Security Essentials will soon have to find a different product to protect their devices as Microsoft won't support the software anymore after support for the operating system ends. Microsoft...
  7. End of Support for Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows 7: January 14, 2020

End of Support for Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows 7: January 14, 2020: Will Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) continue to protect my computer after the end of support? No, your Windows 7 computer is not protected by MSE after January 14, 2020. MSE is unique to Windows 7 and follows the same lifecycle dates for support. Learn more about MSE....
  8. Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7

Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7: For past week, the program has changed, every time it detects something a panel pops up up saying no action needed has been cleaned, but then MSE turns itself off computer slows down and it says computer needs to restart to complete cleaning, do that and then MSE is still...
  9. Windows security Essentials

Windows security Essentials: I am trying to figure out which file to download/ Version: 4.10.0209.0 File Name: ENUS\amd64\MSEInstall.exe ENUS\x86\MSEInstall.exe Date Published: 11/29/2016 File Size: 14.4 MB 11.7...
  10. What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?

What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7?: What happens to Microsoft Security Essentials when you stop support of Windows 7? * Original title: windows 7 ends support * Moved from Windows 7/Updates...