Windows 10: Security Essentials 'Time out period expired Error Mess"

Discus and support Security Essentials 'Time out period expired Error Mess" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please help,Securitury Essentials 'Real Time' stays red and will not open, I keep receiving an error message 'time out period expired' error... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChaseCQ, Aug 6, 2019.

1. ChaseCQ Win User

Security Essentials 'Time out period expired Error Mess"

Please help,Securitury Essentials 'Real Time' stays red and will not open, I keep receiving an error message 'time out period expired' error #0x80070504.. please advise what to do.. I believe this is the same issue we had a few months ago.. Please Help...Thank you...

:)

ChaseCQ, Aug 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Aug 6, 2019
  3. the time out period expired

I had not update definition for about 2 or 3 weeks long and now the soft have to restart but when I click 'start now' then this appear

'this operation returned because the time out period expired

so what I have to do?

anissyazana, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Security Essentials 'Time out period expired Error Mess"

WINDOWS DEFENFER AND SECURITY ESSENTIALS

I cannot keep Windows Defender. It only works periodically because it keeps telling me I have another virus program. I have security essentials. I tried to remove Security Essentials so I could have Windows Defender all the time but it won't be removed.
    I have no other virus program. Please advise me how and what I need to do to get Windows Defender to work all the time and/or do I need it with Security Essentials?

Thank you so much in advance for your assistance.

SusanAnn

SusanAnnSheidy, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Security Essentials 'Time out period expired Error Mess"

1. Security Essentials 'Time out period expired Error Mess" - Similar Threads - Security Essentials 'Time

2. Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired: I have uploaded some files to iCloud but they're not syncing. I drag them to the iCloud Drive folder 4 photos and they simply don't upload. I have an internet connection, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this question. If I log into iCloud on my browser and upload each...
  3. Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800701AA: The cloud operation was not completed before the time-out period expired: I have uploaded some files to iCloud but they're not syncing. I drag them to the iCloud Drive folder 4 photos and they simply don't upload. I have an internet connection, otherwise I wouldn't be able to post this question. If I log into iCloud on my browser and upload each...
  4. This Operation returned because the time out period expired

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This Operation returned because the time out period expired: Hi, Whenever I try to open a video or picture or any other file on desktop or file explorer or any other app it says "This operation returned because the timeout period expired" Pls help me...
  5. Security Essentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials: Security Essentials will not allow me to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. It keeps saying there was a virus detected. Is there anyway to resolve this issue without uninstalling Security Essentials?...
  6. Error Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials

Error Uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials: How do i uninstall when it wont let me i get error code 0x80070643 [Original Title: microsoft security essentials] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/error-uninstall-microsoft-security-essentials/d810d3bf-9073-4ec7-a57a-4260a3b4f278
  7. microsoft essential security update error

microsoft essential security update error: I'm trying to update Microsoft Security Essentials, but when it starts to install the updates, i get an error message. It reads: Error code:0x80240022... Error description: Security essentials couldn't download the definitio updates. This may be caused by missing system file,...
  8. Security Essentials

Security Essentials: Here are some product flaws that are currently in the software. here are some old classic solutions that have never come around. Microsoft Edge has a integrated flaw in which can be hijacked and freezes he personal computer of the target, not allowing them to disengage their...
  9. Microsoft Security Essentials times out when I try to start it

Microsoft Security Essentials times out when I try to start it: Win xp sp3 starts as normal but MSE is turned off (red flag in tray) This is an old 32bit machine that has run perfectly for years When I open MSE it says definitions are up to date but it turned off When I click to turn on eventually I get error code 0x800705b4 Help...
  10. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...