Windows 10: Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

Discus and support Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by iggygatton, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

We are having issues with our Security event log within Event Viewer. It is my understanding when you perform Object Access auditing and enable it within Group Policy, you still need to enable auditing on the Objects (to be audited) themselves. We just enabled Object Access auditing and are already seeing Handle Manipulation events (i.e. event id 4656) flooding our Security log even though we have not configured auditing at the file level for ANY of the files in question. A lot of forums mention disabling Audit File System and Audit Handle Manipulation events to ensure the 4656 events do not flood the Security log; however, we want to be able to see these events for the files that we configure auditing for (at the file level), but not for any other files which were not configured for auditing at the file level. We do not have Global Object Access Auditing configured.

:)

iggygatton, Feb 13, 2019

2. Security event log entries missing values when generated from network access

Hi,

That is correct, the server is part of a domain and so are the machines and users connecting to it which cause these strange "data-less" event log entries. When other machines on the same domain are configured in the same way, the same event log entries
    (4656) contain data as expected. Only 4656 events coming from other machines on the network cause this problem, making changes locally created normal entries.

This is a client machine but I can gather any information that you might need to assist in figuring this out.

As per your suggestion, I have re-posted this on the Microsoft TechNet Support site as well: Security event log entries missing values when generated from network access

Werner van Deventer, Feb 13, 2019
  3. WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events

Do you have any more info on the event viewer? If you click on the event and look under the "General" tab, what does it say?

I had a similar issue with my machine and it turns out that disabling PCI-E Native Power Management in the BIOS fixed it. My onboard wifi didn't like having the link state power management set to enabled and it flooded the event log with the following:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
    Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus*Big Grin Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x1
    Vendor ID*Big Grin Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events :Device ID: 0x8086:0xA119
    Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.
    ​If your event log shows something similar, try looking up the Vendor/Device ID because it'll tell you which piece of hardware is causing the problems

flyingsquirrel, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Micke© Win User

Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

DistributedCOM Errors Flooding Event Log

Worked here as well!!! No 'Error' at system level reported from Event handler regarding my re-start after following the fix as described. Perfect!

Time will tell if this fix really helped me with my 'original' problem? As said above my computer started to perform re-starts randomly (frerquence 1 per 1 or 2 days) after one of the big Win10 updates i december. Finding the 'Error' in the Event log, that
    now i sfixed, was just one step. If I get no further re-starts this week it's a success! Otherwise I back where I started...

Micke©, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events

1. Security Event Log flooded with 4656 Events - Similar Threads - Security Event Log

2. WinRM Security - Event Logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM Security - Event Logs: Hi, could someone please take a look at the logs attached and tell me if it's possible to tell by the logs if anyone might have used WinRM on my machine to gain unauthorized access? I use Windows 11 and I never set up WinRM to begin with. Thank you so much in advance....
  3. WinRM Security - Event Logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRM Security - Event Logs: Hi, could someone please take a look at the logs attached and tell me if it's possible to tell by the logs if anyone might have used WinRM on my machine to gain unauthorized access? I use Windows 11 and I never set up WinRM to begin with. Thank you so much in advance....
  4. a flood of incidents in event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a flood of incidents in event log: hello.i currently have a flood of incidents appearing in the event log.this is a new built pc.they seem to appear about 1-5 incidents a minute.all my drivers are uppdated.i have experienced a few blue screens and random shutt down's on my computer but not often. dont know if...
  5. a flood of incidents in event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a flood of incidents in event log: hello.i currently have a flood of incidents appearing in the event log.this is a new built pc.they seem to appear about 1-5 incidents a minute.all my drivers are uppdated.i have experienced a few blue screens and random shutt down's on my computer but not often. dont know if...
  6. a flood of incidents in event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Eset security flooding event viewer Security Product State On every couple seconds Event ID 16

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Eset security flooding event viewer Security Product State On every couple seconds Event ID 16: I read a post giving a solution that involves registry editing but I'm not that advanced. I need help. These messages are overwhelming. submitted by /u/MessiahPrinny [link] [comments]...
  8. Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp

Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp: Hello people! My PC started out of a sudden registering a hell lot of Event Log files usually in the pattern "Application_<some serial number>" or "Microsoft-Windows-<some thing>-<some serial number>" and paired up with "AppxErrorReport_<serial>.txt" files. I noticed it...
  9. WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events

WHEA-Logger Event ID 17 flooding System Events: Hello, For you guys it's probably the same old story. For me is something completely new, even though I'm using computers since about 21 years ago. Can someone identify this particular WHEA problem? I just bought an ASUS Ultrabook (Ultrabook ASUS 14'' VivoBook S14 S406UA,...
  10. USBEHCI Event 3 Flood of errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USBEHCI Event 3 Flood of errors: It's an old issue I've never found a solution for. This ONLY happens when I plug in my USB Cisco Valet Wifi Adapter. It's totally fine for a day, no issues no errors but by the next morning my Event Viewer is Flooded with errors. [img] [img] All devices USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security event log flood

2. flooded with handle manipulation event logs

3. flood security log 4656