Windows 10: Security flaw lets attackers recover private keys from Qualcomm chips

Discus and support Security flaw lets attackers recover private keys from Qualcomm chips in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Devices using Qualcomm chipsets, and especially smartphones and tablets, are vulnerable to a new security bug that can let attackers retrieve private... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Security flaw lets attackers recover private keys from Qualcomm chips

Read more: Security flaw lets attackers recover private keys from Qualcomm chips | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 24, 2019

2. latest intel security flaw

Hello Michael,

Microsoft is aware of the recently discovered security vulnerability that impacts chips from several different manufacturers. Many devices and applications will be affected by this flaw, including any operating systems such as Windows that run on the
    affected chips. To receive all available protections, follow the steps to get the latest updates for both software and hardware in this article:

Protecting your device against chip-related security vulnerabilities

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Apr 24, 2019
  3. JanHagel2 Win User
    Spectre Chip Flaw

I am trying to download the patch for the Spectre Chip Flaw from the Microsoft Update Catalog but I keep getting an error message #8DDD0001. Can you walk me through a download?

JanHagel2, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Grom0X Win User

All Intel chips open to new Spoiler non-Spectre attack

Read more: All Intel chips open to new Spoiler non-Spectre attack: Don't expect a quick fix | ZDNet

More: SPOILER alert, literally: Intel CPUs afflicted with simple data-spewing spec-exec vulnerability The Register

Grom0X, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Security flaw lets attackers recover private keys from Qualcomm chips - Similar Threads - Security flaw lets

2. OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal Vault Security Flaw: There is a workaround for accessing the files supposedly secured in your personal vault that I accidentally discovered while tinkering around on my file explorer. By changing the View settings on the file explorer like so: Select View > Options > Change folder and search...
  3. Private network security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Private network security: I recently did a clean install of 19042 on an old laptop to clean out years of leftover garbage, but getting it tied back into my private home network was a problem. Only 1 of the other 4 systems on the network could access drives on the laptop. I consistently got the "You do...
  4. Zoom flaw and security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom flaw and security: Using Zoom, I wanted to protect my computer and verify my local security policy; but I don't have it. Is it because I use a Home version? How can I protect my computer from the flaw they talked about from Zoom? Thank you!...
  5. Windows 10 security flaw?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 security flaw?: There are a whole ton of weird articles saying the NSA informed microsoft about a serious security flaw in windows 10 that I don't particularly think it's true. I would like conformation on whether or not it's true Thanks in advance...
  6. Windows 10 security flaws

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 security flaws: Hi, This is Agnivesh This is a major security flaw with Microsoft windows 10 pro . I had actually forgotten my windows account password.I wanted to crack and make a new account on my laptop.I had tried a bunch of ways to crack the OS but none was proved...
  7. Recovering .SPE file from Malware Attack

Recovering .SPE file from Malware Attack: Has anyone been able to recover files from a Malware attack in which most files on the computer appear to have been stuffed into a .SPE file? The attack was followed by communication from someone claiming to be a Microsoft Partner and asking for hundreds of $s....
  8. Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption

in Windows 10 News
    Flaws in self-encrypting SSDs let attackers bypass disk encryption: Researchers at Radboud University in the Netherlands have revealed today vulnerabilities in some solid-state drives (SSDs) that allow an attacker to bypass the disk encryption feature and access the local data without knowing the user-chosen disk encryption password. The...
  9. Windows 10 security flaw

Windows 10 security flaw: My brother sometimes uses my computer and I once deleted his account cause I thought he wouldn't need it, but he once wanted to use it and he didn't know my password and he created an account on his own. I do know that he has a flash drive that can bypass the password or...
  10. Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??

Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??: This guy writes about security issues. Windows Secure Boot: Insecure by design and mostly likely cant be fixed | Network World 59744