Windows 10: security for device

Discus and support security for device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how to add security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-for-device/8fb27402-1559-476d-ba21-b559c0394ebe Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrianRogers6, Nov 23, 2018.

1. security for device

how to add security

:)

BrianRogers6, Nov 23, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 23, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 23, 2018
  4. darobins Win User

security for device

Security Device Not Recognized

Ob build 10527:

On my login screen I had 4 icons:

• Password
    • Security Device
    • Security Device
    • PIN
    The Security Device (#2) when clicked shows "Security Device Not Recognized". It also shows up as the default. The other Security Device (#3) is a Virtual Smart Card and it functions correctly. As does the Password and PIN.

I used Tpmvscmgr to destroy the virtual smart card instance #0, and I further attempted to destroy any other instances but none existed.

Now I have:

• Password
    • Security Device
    • PIN
    The Security Device #2 still has the same error.

In Device Manager I only have 1 Security Device, TPM 2.0, which is functioning correctly (Bitlocker etc).

How do I remove or repair this bad security device on my sign-in screen?

darobins, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

security for device

1. security for device - Similar Threads - security device

2. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  3. device security message...standard hardware security not supported.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device security message...standard hardware security not supported.: device security message wont clear...states standard hardware not supported... spoke with dell technician...they stated this msg is for a laptop...I have a dell 8950 desktop...i am unable to dismiss message......
  4. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hello There, i just formatted and been updating and installing my softwares.but i saw the below message on the windows update page : Your device is missing important security and quality fixesany idea please for solutions ?...
  5. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hello There, i just formatted and been updating and installing my softwares.but i saw the below message on the windows update page : Your device is missing important security and quality fixesany idea please for solutions ?...
  6. Windows Updates Message : Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  8. Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....

Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device....: Hello,I'm having this issue when trying to login to my Dell laptop. When I start my laptop, I get the message in the first image saying my PIN isn't available. When I click on "Set up my PIN", I get the grey box on my screen in the 2nd image, but it quickly disappears,...
  9. I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...: I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and quality fixes .error 0x80070643.At the moment I have windows 10 .Pls reply Regards....
  10. I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...

I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and...: I am trying to update windows 11 but it shows my device is missing important security and quality fixes .error 0x80070643.At the moment I have windows 10 .Pls reply Regards....